Trying to keep on track while on vacation!!

Options
In a lilttle over a week, I will be heading on vacation for 10 days to Disney. I am planning a menu for meals we will be cooking, and looking on websites of restaurants that are popular in that area to help pre plan my meals out. I am going to try to plan as much of my meals as I can. Any input or suggestions is greatly appreciated!

Replies

• loislane22
    Options
    I would also love to hear some stuff on this. :)
  • Imajicat
    Imajicat Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    *Bump*

Me too, Im going on vacation in a week and need all the pearls of wisdom I can get.
  • BeetleChe13
    BeetleChe13 Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    Hey, I'm going on vacation starting Saturday. :bigsmile: I'll be staying with family, but we will be spending two days at Universal and hopefully a day at Disney as well. *crosses fingers* Tips?
  • BeetleChe13
    BeetleChe13 Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • jend711
    jend711 Posts: 8
    Options
    I went on vacation, for the first time since using mfp, and for the first time LOST a couple of pounds while one vacation. I honestly ate and drank whatever I wanted, without being ridiculous about it, the key was all of the activities we did. We were on the go the entire time walking, hiking, just being outdoors. You be surprised at how well you do, if you just stay active during the trip. Mostly, your on vacation, ENJOY yourself. Life's to short to live worrying about a pound or 2. :):) YOLO
  • runderhi
    runderhi Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Here is my 2 cents - I am going on holidays to Greece for 3 months of the summer ( sabbatical from work ) I have worked really hard to get the weight off still going ) and there is no way I am putting it back on !! So here is my strategy :

If I have dinner out and drinks I know that I need to counterbalance that with 45 mins exercise.

If I have a nice frappe and sweet Greek cake in a coffee shop - I am going to have to make sure I swim for 30 mins,

Basically I have trained myself to know that treat = workout or I will put on weight and even now that is what I am doing. And to be honest it is a great feeling when I have had my treat every 2 weeks to be jogging and knowing it isn't going to add any weight as I am getting rid of it :)

I think it is as simple as that - or as difficult depending on where you are coming from.

That is my strategy and it is working for me so far.

Good luck X