Busy FL Mom Finally doing it for herself.

Options
Hi, my name is Nicole and I live in FL. I'm a nurse, wife and mother to 2 beautiful girls. I have been overweight since I had my first daughter 19 years ago, so I can't use its the baby wt anymore (LOL). Over the years I have tried various diets and failed them all. Then in 2005 we were blessed with our second daughter. Unfortunately, I had twins @ 24 weeks and we lost one of our daughters after 4 days. Our surviving daughter is special needs and the most precious gift. Since that time I have continued to slowly put more wt on. I'm 5' and topped out @ 186.5 lbs. I was short of breath climbing a flight of stairs and just felt bad about myself.
I don't know if it was that I turned 40 in January or what but at the end of December it just hit me that I'm tired of being fat and unhealthy. So I started MFP in January and for the first time ever I am doing it for me. I'm on a 1200 calorie/day diet and doing portion control. I have cut out a lot of the carbs only because they cost you so much in calories and I don't think they are worth it.
I also started going to the gym a month ago and its not my favorite but I do it. I personally think the eliptical machine was put on this earth to torture me but I do it. I'm feeling so much better and I have lost 21.5lbs so far!
Of course I've lost it in every place but my stomach, where I want to loose it. My husband assures me that I have lost there too. I guess I didn't gain it overnight so I shouldn't expect to fall off in a few months.
I would love to hear from others. Wishing everyone the best.

16312381.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter