From 235lbs to 124lbs, my weight loss story.

Options
1234568»

Replies

• DawnMarieMomofTwo
    DawnMarieMomofTwo Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    AMAZING JOB
  • anthemforagirl
    Options
    Congratulations!
  • The_Carrie
    The_Carrie Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Such an inspiration! I'm also a short girl (a whopping 5 feet tall, here) and am plus size. Looking forward to seeing what all of this calorie counting and personal training can do for me in the future!

Amazing job!
  • jolenemp
    jolenemp Posts: 12
    Options
    Congratulations!!! :smile:
  • nicholebean
    nicholebean Posts: 160
    Options
    this is so amazing.
    you really opened my eyes
    I am so jealous of you
    but you gave me hope.
    You are so gorgeous.

god bless

Thank you! You too can do it! Believe in yourself!
  • nicholebean
    Options
    I am 5"1 as well so your results are inspriational. What was your strategy? Did you eat back any of your MFP calories burned? I wish you continued sucess! You look amazing!

My strategy was taking it one day at a time! Honestly, just do what you can and remember any progress is progress. Also, I don't always eat back my calories but on days where I feel super hungry I do. I usually have a protein bar or shake on those days.
  • pandasmama3
    pandasmama3 Posts: 120
    Options
    Great job!!!
  • Niagarasailor
    Niagarasailor Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I have a question since I started at a similar weight (220) and would like to get to 150 (I'm 5'9") - does your skin naturally tighten up as you lose the weight? I'm scared that I'll end up with a skin bag once I'm done.

I'm 26, never had kids and am a non-smoker,. I would assume your skin shrinks with you as long as you aren't losing too fast. Is that true?
  • nicholebean
    Options
    I have a question since I started at a similar weight (220) and would like to get to 150 (I'm 5'9") - does your skin naturally tighten up as you lose the weight? I'm scared that I'll end up with a skin bag once I'm done.

I'm 26, never had kids and am a non-smoker,. I would assume your skin shrinks with you as long as you aren't losing too fast. Is that true?

For the most part my skin has shrunk. At the bottom of my abdomen I still have a little extra and on my arms but weight training has really helped with that problem. Especially in my arms! I figure my tummy will just take a bit longer to tighten. So for now I just wear higher cut bikinis and pants.
  • Niagarasailor
    Niagarasailor Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Great! Glad to hear it isn't too much of an issue.
  • nicholebean
    Options
    Great! Glad to hear it isn't too much of an issue.

I would just be sure to dO some weight training while losing the weight. I always wish I had started weight training earlier in my journey.
  • nicholebean
    Options
    Glad to hear you are having success! Keep up the good work!