Starting 30 Shred tomorrow!

Options
I am starting the 30 day shred video tomorrow and I was just wondering is this video really meant to be done 30 consecutive days? Or am I supposed to be taking resting days?I'm really unsure and I have noticed a lot of people on here are doing it as well. Thought maybe some veterans could help me out!

I would really appreciate all the help I can get!

Replies

• rachellosesitall85
    rachellosesitall85 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    There's a group I just joined that starts tomorrow as well. I've restarted this sooo many times and couldn't get to the 2nd level but will. Some people do it 30 consecutive days but most do each level for 10 days each. I will do level 1 for 10 days, then level 2 for 10 days and so on. It's okay to take a break of you want.
  • Collidoscopekid
    Collidoscopekid Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the advice. I just don't know if you are supposed to give yoruself breaks for your muscles to heal or if you really are supposed to do it everyday for 30 days. I just don't want to sabotage myself!

I am sure you will make it to level two this time. You can do anything you set your mind to!
  • Pashun
    Pashun Posts: 3
    Options
    ive just purchased ripped in 30 its the follow up to the 30 day shred i went on you tube and just watched others that were successful and see how they work the program
  • determinedbutlazy
    determinedbutlazy Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    I rest between levels (ten days level 1, one day rest, start level 2 etc) and I rest if I'm hurting. After the first two days I pulled something in my quads so I had to rest. Listen to your body.
  • taylor0911
    Options
    I started yesterday and during level 1 of the video Jillian says to try and do it in 30 consecutive days. The aim is to push through the pain! (Obviously if it is unnaturally painful have a rest day) Good luck!!
  • Jade17694
    Jade17694 Posts: 584 Member
    Options
    You don't have to do it every single day. I tried and nearly caused myself a serious injury (lol!) so i just done it 5 days a week and had active rest weekends :)
  • sunshine__angel
    sunshine__angel Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    You are supposed to move up a level when you feel comfortable with the one you are at. In one of Jillian Michaels' podcasts she suggested in a week doing: 30 day shred, 30 day shred, cardio, 30 day shred, 30 day shred, cardio, rest. I did 8 days of the shred in a row and seriously hurt my back and had to take almost 2 weeks off. Now I've restarted yesterday from Day 1 and I know if my body needs a rest day, I'm going to listen to it! Do what you feel comfortable with. A rest day once a week is probably a good idea in my opinion. :) Good luck!!
  • danielle1983cov
    Options
    I plan to start this (again) tomorrow! I think my problem is that I get bored after 10 days, but can't do all of the exercises in level 2 so don't feel like I can progress to that. The one where you walk your hands down, do a press up and walk them back up is just a bit much for me! Think this time I'll just progress and substitute that one with normal press ups. Better than nothing! I'm definitely going to aim for the full 30 this time, hopefully with no gaps. Saying that, I do find the 30ds is a little tough on the knees, so will take a rest day if I feel it may be doing me more harm than good.

Good luck everyone!x
  • ceeest
    ceeest Posts: 2
    Options
    I'm also starting it tomorrow!! Can't wait :) Would love support aswell and motivation..
  • Microfiber_wechange
    Options
    I think I'll join y'all :wink:
  • tcat2012
    tcat2012 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I think that most experts will recommend taking one rest day per week, however, when I did the shred, I only took 3 days off (so it took 33 days to do the whole thing) and they were not because I needed the rest, they were because I was away for the weekend. So basicaly I had a 3 day weekend where I didn't do it and the rest of the time I did it every day. I really think it's up to you; if you decide to take a rest day every week, maybe do something light (like walking) on that day. Since the shred is only 30 minutes (even though Jillian says its 20, it's really 30) I don't think doing it every day is harmful--but I'm no expert on that! Just be extremely careful with your form, especially protecting your knees, so you don't get injured. And good luck! I LOVE the 30 day shred and still add it to my rotation at least 1 day a week (level 3 is my favorite).
  • Collidoscopekid
    Options
    I really appreciate everyone's advice.Feel free to add me if you are also doing 30ds. I need all the support I can get and have no problem giving it out! Goodluck to everyone!
  • Microfiber_wechange
    Options
    I started this morning. Completed Day 1 Level 1 :drinker:
  • Ohjeezitskim
    Ohjeezitskim Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I take Sunday's off. I'm on day 7 tomorrow of level one. I finally just bought weights! I was using water bottles while my mom got real weights lol kinda excited! I'm more into doing physical things now
  • rachewa
    rachewa Posts: 4
    Options
    Sunshine_ang - that is a good way to go I think!

I tried to do this for 30 days but couldn't, got sick in between. I just used 30ds as a workout now 2-3 days a week but 'should' do it more often as I find it easier now. Level 3 hurts, it's more resistance but I actually find that Level 2 is the hardest!

I sometimes do L1 & L2 together for a good workout. maybe one day all 3?!
  • Collidoscopekid
    Options
    Great job!I finished day one as well!
  • cmason516
    cmason516 Posts: 62
    Options
    I am curious about this as well. I started it this morning and nearly passed out. haha It is hard for me probably because I am terribly out of shape but I think it will definitely help once I can get through it all. Good luck with it and if you want to add me feel free! :)
  • misticache
    misticache Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    I just picked this up over the weekend and was planning on starting tonight. I'm glad I read everyone's posts. I may make Sundays my rest day.
  • shaymo10
    shaymo10 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I am starting the 30 day shred video tomorrow and I was just wondering is this video really meant to be done 30 consecutive days? Or am I supposed to be taking resting days?I'm really unsure and I have noticed a lot of people on here are doing it as well. Thought maybe some veterans could help me out!

I would really appreciate all the help I can get!

I am currently on Level 2, and I take rest days. Here is my schedule:

Mon-JM 30 DS
    Tues-JM 30 DS
    Wed-Cardio (e.g., Treadmill, Zumba, or Denise Austin)
    Thurs-JM 30 DS
    Fri-JM 30 DS
    Sat-Cardio (e.g., Treadmill, Zumba, or Denise Austin)
    Sun-Rest

This works great for me. So far I have lost 10 pounds =)
  • jrecmcallister
    Options
    I have been doing the shred with another group and alot of people were doing what was suggested by Jillian Michaels in her podcast. Shred day, Shred day, Cardio day, Shred day, Shred day, Cardio day, Rest day. It takes a little longer, but gives your muscles a break and the cardio is really great for dropping the lbs!