Help on determining my activity level....

Options
Okay, So I am a stay at home mom to an eight month old. I am having a hard time determining my activity level. I feel like all I do is sit down so I always want to say sedentary because I do my school work online a good part of the day. But in reality, I clean and cook, and carry around a twenty lbs baby and play with him etc. I also 3 to 5 times a week walk anywhere between 1 and 5 miles. But it varies so much depending on the weather. Any suggestions would be great!

Replies

• katysmelly
    katysmelly Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    I have a similar problem. It seems like I spend a lot of time sitting - goofing off on the computer! But, I'm a SAHM and I do a lot of stuff during the day, as well.

One thing I've done is to pay attention to how much time I spend on my feet, doing housework. I sometimes make to-do lists of chores and won't sit down until they're all done. So, I know I'm on my feet, being active, for four hours every day (only counting the time during the DAY that I'm active. I figure even sedentary people with desk jobs wash dishes and do laundry in the evenings.) I've decided that makes me at least lightly active, so I've put my settings on that level.
  • spekkio12345
    spekkio12345 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    When in doubt, use sedentary. It is not a negative thing to use sedentary in your setting within this site, it will only cause the calculations for your calorie goals and such to be more conservative.

The exercise you log on a daily basis, it is separate from your "activity level"