Any retro gamers?

Options
runnercheryl
runnercheryl Posts: 1,314 Member
Decided to go off-topic for a bit. Don't do this often.

Anyone here collect/play retro games?

I collect Master System and Mega Drive/Genesis. Have been for about four years now, slowly.

I now have 50 out of 531 Mega Drive games, and 19 out of 268 Master System.

Fiancé took me out today to a retro game shop he found online. Gave me a £20 budget and (adding £2 of my own), I got eight new games. However, I'm ill. Tried to play them earlier and gave four of them a go, but then my illness got worse and I've had to stop for the night. So, since I can't play I wonder if anyone else here collects or plays and wants to share how their collection is going?

When we were visiting that shop today my fiancé decided to start his own collection, but he's going for Nintendo. I've always been a Sega girl!

Replies

• Saruman_w
    Saruman_w Posts: 1,531 Member
    Options
    I don't really collect them, but I still play them every once and awhile! My favorite system has always been the SNES, along with the NES and PSX (although not quite as retro depending on how generation you are)

But yea, Final Fantasy V, VI, Earthbound, Illusion of Gaia, Super Mario World, Secret of Mana, Mega Man/X series, some of the old Kirby games, etc. These were some of my favorite games
  • runnercheryl
    Options
    I don't really collect them, but I still play them every once and awhile! My favorite system has always been the SNES, along with the NES and PSX (although not quite as retro depending on how generation you are)

But yea, Final Fantasy V, VI, Earthbound, Illusion of Gaia, Super Mario World, Secret of Mana, Mega Man/X series, some of the old Kirby games, etc. These were some of my favorite games

Another Nintendo person. :indifferent:

Yeah, I did miss out on the whole Mario thing. We've just been playing through the Super Mario Brothers game on the Wii, and it's my first experience of Mario. Did enjoy it, though. Still, that might be because it's co-op. I love any co-op game.
  • adamtall
    adamtall Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    i love the older stuff but im still a nintendo and PS guy

btw there is a MFP Gamers Group if you want ill send ya a link to it
  • runnercheryl
    Options
    i love the older stuff but im still a nintendo and PS guy

btw there is a MFP Gamers Group if you want ill send ya a link to it

Go for it. :smile:

I don't play my games all that often, I'm useless with the modern stuff (except Kinect and the Wii), and any controller with more than three buttons causes a meltdown, but I'll have a look around!