Burning calories from cleaning!

Options
2»

Replies

• cgraylyon
    cgraylyon Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    I log my cleaning, but usually half the time. I only clean once per week. I don't count picking up or minor cleaning thoughout the week. When I clean it's from top to bottom and I clean my entire house in about 4 hours. I am really sweaty when I am done and usually need a nap :)
  • chergarr73
    chergarr73 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I keep my settings at sedentary to give me a buffer for daily chores/straightening. Weekly, I do a thorough cleaning of the house top to bottom and because I am set at sedentary I DO count that but only at about half. Last Friday I cleaned for a solid 6 and a half hours. I counted 3 of them... I do think they have a "high" ish calorie count for activity sometimes...which is why I would rather set myself at sedentary when I am not at all sedentary daily.
  • sofitheteacup
    sofitheteacup Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    I always take the calories MFP says and divide in half.

For cleaning, or in general? Why?
  • jaqiswany
    jaqiswany Posts: 76
    Options
    Ive been doing alot of spring cleaning lately but done lots of stretching whilst doing it , and washing windows etc so lots of movement a bit more than just general dusting etc.
    moving lots of boxes and lots of up and down stairs , so its not normal everyday stuff ive been logging.
    I havent broken out into too many sweats but ive ached so ive been working alot more of my muscles than i usually do