NEED some low carb recipes - PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE

Options
Please help - i need some tasty low carb recipes from people in the know - you know "real" low carb recipes - i am doing this diet with my wife and daughter and need some help with cooking

Replies

• MissVitaVonCherry
    MissVitaVonCherry Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    if you go to all recepie.com you can type in the qualifications of your diet, and it will tell you some good ones, so will sparkpeople.com:bigsmile:
    I will look for some here at home too ok;)
  • darman
    darman Posts: 269
    Options
    Thanks much - my wife and daughter are on a pysician's total plan - diet, meds and excercise and i am doing my best to do it with them for support but i have no med's - so......yeah it's a little harder
    i will check those sites
  • MissVitaVonCherry
    MissVitaVonCherry Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    the only low carb ones taht I can find are in my vegan cook book.... :bigsmile: if you want some of those I can send them to ya!
  • hermans
    hermans Posts: 3
    Options
    I go to the library, there are shelves full of different and (yes ,low carb) recipes to try!
  • LeanLioness
    LeanLioness Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    Go to this website...........

They are tried and true ...................

http://www.genaw.com/lowcarb/
  • pickadilly2009
    pickadilly2009 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    LeanLioness, love the website you suggested! Thanks!
  • LeanLioness
    Options
    LeanLioness, love the website you suggested! Thanks!

Me too!!

Her recipes are fabulous!!!

And, the recipes are hard to tell that they are low carb for non-low carb eaters.............

My hubby and I both eat low carb (he has no choice, I do the cooking :bigsmile: ) and when I have family over, I fix a main dish from her site, maybe a roast to go along seasoned with fresh herbs, mashed potatos, gravy, steamed veggies, salad and whole grain rolls..........

No one ever knows the difference.

I even served sugar free cheesecake and no one knew and they raved about the nut crust instead of the graham cracker crust.
  • pickadilly2009
    pickadilly2009 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    There are a lot of meals that you can serve and no one is the wiser. I have been making the cheese crisps for years, they work great as a taco shell too! I am going to try the sesame almond crackers, they sound awsome! And the coconut crunch! YUM!!
  • darman
    Options
    Thanks so much the site is great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • LeanLioness
    Options
    Also, I am going to start a low carb informational foum about how healthy low carb, high fat eating plans really are..........

It is very eye-opening for the non-believers that high fat eating is actually more healthy.
  • darman
    Options
    Read down in the post - the webstie the lean lioness gave me is fantastic!