DIET SODA

Options
Its free with ZERO cals and it helps curb the sweet tooth!! But does it hinder weight loss?? Any information would be helpful. I usually have 1 per day as a "TREAT" and it really does help me ward off the desire to cheat.

thanks so much!! :drinker:

Replies

• Toddrific
    Toddrific Posts: 1,114 Member
    Options
    do a search ^^ there are quite a few topics on this.

1 a day is certainly fine. Unless you find you have the urge to eat a cake after drinking one.
  • bombsfadeaway
    bombsfadeaway Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    There always seems to be some controversy over diet soda when it comes to weight loss. Some studies have shown that the fake sugar in diet sodas, which is a lot sweeter than real sugar, can make a person crave sweet things more often, some have said that it can make a person GAIN weight, but others argue that because it's zero calories, it's a helpful tool in weight loss.

A recent CBS article (http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504763_162-57377490-10391704/swapping-sugary-drinks-for-diet-soda-water-leads-to-weight-loss-study/) found that people who switched from a sugary drink to water or diet soda lost more weight than those just educated on healthier choices, and were twice as likely to lose 5% of their weight.

In short, water is the #1 choice, but I don't think one diet soda a day is going to throw you off the track, especially if it helps curb the cravings for other sweet things. =)
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    It is certainly not healthy or beneficial in any way. But I drink a diet pepsi every few days and I'm not worried about it.