Yoga kicked my butt!!!

Options
This morning I did a beginner's yoga DVD with Rodney Yee. It was really hilarious. He was moving through the poses pretty rapidly and I ended up in a heap on the floor laughing MAO!

Does anyone know of a beginner yoga DVD where things move slowly - where the instructor takes time to show you a pose, get into it, hold it a minute before moving on?

If beginner level was too much for me, then I guess I need remedial?? LOL!

Thanks! My walking is coming great though. Am doing 3-4 miles a day and just loving it!

Replies

• wattsam1
    wattsam1 Posts: 95
    Options
    The only yoga DVD I have is the Biggest Loser weight loss yoga. It kicked my butt!! They have a beginner workout that will work up a sweat and seems like it would work for beginners. You might want to check it out :)
  • mrd232
    mrd232 Posts: 331
    Options
    MTV Yoga (purple case) is a really good choice. It's got some good up-tempo music and the poses are shown in 3 levels of difficulty.

Yoga Journal - Yoga for Beginners - is also a good, "teaching" yoga video.

Gaiam Yoga for Beginners, also a good choice.
  • vanimami
    vanimami Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    That's funny because I bought a power yoga dvd by rodney yee and it is tough :cry: You're constantly moving and he is on the next move before I even finish up the previous move. I will tell you, though, that it really kicks my butt too and makes me sweat!
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,786 Member
    Options
    Yoga for Weight Loss with Suzanne Deason is a good one for beginners - it has 4 different levels.
  • twocats
    twocats Posts: 31
    Options
    Thanks for the information! It's nice to know I'm not the only one who endured a "butt kicking" while trying to do the poses. Have a great day everyone.
  • tink36
    tink36 Posts: 4
    Options
    I love the Rodney Yee yoga DVD's, but you are so right...they totally can kick your butt. :) A few years ago I lost 20 lbs just doing yoga. It's a great workout. I also suggest the Rodney Yee meditation dvds too. They are great for relaxing and letting your body really absorb the yoga workouts. Great for stress too. :)
  • hiddensecant
    hiddensecant Posts: 2,446 Member
    Options
    Start with Yoga Zone, any of the ones for beginners are actually for beginners! Those were really helpful in being able to eventually tackle Rodney Yee, haha.
  • angelajiniel
    angelajiniel Posts: 115
    Options
    I subscribe to a yoga podcast that I really love. He goes the the moves slowly, explains everything and it's not the same exact thing every time I do it. It's called YOGAmazing.
  • vanimami
    vanimami Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    I love the Rodney Yee yoga DVD's, but you are so right...they totally can kick your butt. :) A few years ago I lost 20 lbs just doing yoga. It's a great workout. I also suggest the Rodney Yee meditation dvds too. They are great for relaxing and letting your body really absorb the yoga workouts. Great for stress too. :)

Wow! Now I want to run home and do yoga!! My goal is to do my power yoga dvd 3-4 times a week, so hopefully I can stick to it.