BBL - no waiting between strangth workouts?

Options
Hello,

If this has already been covered, please point me to a thread. I tried serching, but perhaps I didn't choose the correct search terms.

Anyway. I have been doing the Brazil Butt Lift this week and it has brought up a question I've had for a while. I've always heard one should wait 48 hours before toning the same muscle group again. For example, bicep work on tuesday and then not again until thursday. I thought this was so one's muscles could rebuild.

With the BBL schedule there's Sculpt days back-to-back, not to mention different workouts that all work the "bum bum" one day after another. I have been following the schedule (and feeeeeling it. I took an extra day off this week so I wouldn't hurt myself. My form was suffering from extreme soreness. Uy), but I'm not sure if this will give me the maximum results.

Does not waiting 48 hours mean I just won't FEEL as good, or does it mean I won't build as much muscle? I know BeachBody usually knows what it's doing as far as workouts go, but I want to get opinions from you guys, since there is usually so much knowledge on these boards.

Thanks for any help you can give!

Replies

• nyspotlight
    nyspotlight Posts: 124
    Options
    I CAN"T BELIEVE I WROTE "strangth." It won't let me change it and I am so embarrassed. Forgive me?
  • bedinky1207
    bedinky1207 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    BBL is more for sculpting and becoming more lean. The 48 hours in between is more intended for heavy weight lifting when you are trying to bulk up.
  • nyspotlight
    nyspotlight Posts: 124
    Options
    Okay. That makes me feel better. i think I get all these "rules" in my head... and they start to contradict one another...

Thanks!