Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Best heart rate monitor for the best price?

I've realized it'd be very beneficial to my weight loss to wear a heart rate monitor. I've been doing some research, but thought I might as well ask on here and see what everyone thinks.

I'm looking for one that has a chest strap along with being able to monitor calories burned, and don't want to pay an arm and a leg for it.

Thanks in advance for the help! :)

Replies

• Toddrific
    Toddrific Posts: 1,114 Member
    You can get a Polar FT4 or FT7 for about 60 or 70 bucks.
    I just got mine from bodytronics, but I think they are about the same price on amazon.
  • shaycat
    shaycat Posts: 980
    I got the Polar FT4. Mine was $70.00. I really like it so far. MFP wayyyyyyyyyyyyy over estimates my burns.
  • Valkyriewoman
    Valkyriewoman Posts: 120 Member
    I like my Polar FT7 a lot and believe it was fairly reasonable when I bought it two years ago.
  • lynne_p
    lynne_p Posts: 173 Member
    I have a Polar FT4 which I bought from Ebay for about $80 (Cdn.). I also bought one for my daughter for Christmas. We both love it. It is so much more accurate than some of the calorie burns shown on MFP or some machines.
  • lisao62
    lisao62 Posts: 80 Member
    I bought my polar FT4 from amazon. Simple to use and I paid less than 60 dollars
  • chelledawg14
    chelledawg14 Posts: 509 Member
    Yep, Bodytronics had the best price. $61.70 for the FT4 - it was the only place I could even find the pretty pink one...and I LOVE it! I wear it all the time. It's my new best friend - and its amazing to see how close/how far your actual calories burned is compared to what MFP, other sites, or your equipment says you're burning!
  • twisted88
    twisted88 Posts: 294 Member
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/Azdak/view/the-real-facts-about-hrms-and-calories-what-you-need-to-know-before-purchasing-an-hrm-or-using-one-21472

Azdak's blog helped me settle on an FT40. It's a little more expensive, but it's more accurate than the FT4 or FT7.
  • jengigs
    jengigs Posts: 37 Member
    I just got the Polar FT4 this morning. So far, I really like it. Was really easy to get set up and going. I got mine at REI for $62, but I had a 20% off coupon and rewards bucks. Full price there is $90.
  • tigertchr23
    tigertchr23 Posts: 418 Member
    You can get a Polar FT4 or FT7 for about 60 or 70 bucks.
    I just got mine from bodytronics, but I think they are about the same price on amazon.

I have the Polar FT7 and I absolutely love it!
  • I have the Polar FT4 and love it - got it from Bodytronics.com for $58.79 (includes shipping, no tax) using promo code POPO!!:drinker:
  • Byrdsong1920
    Byrdsong1920 Posts: 336 Member
    I've heard more and more great things about Polar and thats what I went in to buy and left w/Timex- Ironman #WR30m. i DONT like it because it didnt let me put in gender, which asyou know, calories burned for men and women are different!

I may see if I can take back and get the polar. The timex gives me high calorie readings, so having to do math to figure out true #. Its all estimates anyhow, but I would like less work to figure out my calories...happy journey!
  • megmay2591
    megmay2591 Posts: 621 Member
    I have the Polaar FT4 and I love it. Simple and efficient.
  • Creeley87
    Creeley87 Posts: 1 Member
    Thanks MrsCherry! Just bought a FT4 from BodyTronics and saved money with the promo code that you provided :happy: Hopefully I'll be up and running soon!
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    I did my research & narrowed my picks to the Polar FT4 or 7 & the New Balance N4. Then I searched eBay for auctions for new items of each, put them on my watch list and kept an eye on them. I got my brand-new-in-the-box New Balance N4 for $26 (retails for $70). Works great!
  • plargomar
    plargomar Posts: 17 Member
    Me and my husband settled on the Polar FT40 for each of us....we love ours :)