Looking for lots of support!

Options
Hi everyone,

After attempting to lose weight since November last year I have struggled. I logged what I ate, I worked out and I found little results from my efforts. So I'm starting a clean slate and going for it again.
I'd really appreciate the support if you can help me get my food allowances correct as I think this affected my results. If anyone had example photos of what breakfast, lunch, snack, dinner portion sizes look like that will help me a lot.

So my current stats as of 10pm this evening:

30 years old
5ft 10in
Weight 190.9lbs
Life: Office job 5 days a week

Gym: usually 3/4 times a week
30 mins running on treadmill
30 mins of weights:
Barbell row
Shoulder press
Bench press
Pectoral
Vertical pull down
Seated row

My main problem area is my stomach which was abused through teenage drinking! Therefore should I just do cardio only rather than working on upper body weights I.e plenty of cardio and lose the fat then use weights to tone.

I'd be greatful if someone could work out my calories as myfitnesspal put me on 2340 before and I thought that was a lot if I was trying to lose weight. I want to see results and before this has never happened.

I do drink alcohol but have a couple roughly fortnightly. No more binging. Rest of the time I drink water or green tea.

As I said before I think I over eat and my portions are too big and think this is one of my main problems.

Would welcome your help and hope to update this as a log as I go so you can keep helping me :)

Thanks everyone in advance?

Replies

• mrau719
    mrau719 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Well remember 80% diet 20% physical activity

Is there any reason why you only do upper body weights?

I'd start by making sure to get a food scale and get your portion sizes under control and exact. I'd also find some workout plans that rotate through all muscle groups