People who remember the 50s, 60s & 70s

Options
I am having trouble staying focused on this program because, I really can't believe that people the ages of my children or grand children has the same weight loss issues as I have or the problems I have. I would love to get feedback from people who may actually share some of the same memories I do.

Replies

• lena_walt
    lena_walt Posts: 17
    Options
    That is funny, i remember in the days of weight watchers that had you eating mustard with chix hot dogs and tuna w/mustard. It was horrid back then when my mom was on it. Then came along the only eat meat diet, was it adkins? anyhow, i never qualified for that being a vegetarian, i would have starved,,unless that was considered a diet then...lol. Then the days of diet pills from the Dr's, lots of women ran to their docs for those, the quick and easy way to lose...but dangerous...i remember my mom up all night pacing the floors and sewing...all from diet pills. There were and still are some crazy diets out there, but i did weight watchers in the 90's and really did well until they changed up to a different way of doing their diets. It has been years and i have done yo yo dieting through out the time and once i discovered MFP, i feel like i got back on track with my healthy eating habits.

but , yes, i do remember "those" days ....feel free to add me if you like.
  • Zeromilediet
    Zeromilediet Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    Totally know what you mean ... metabolism changes over 50, activity level changes from raising kids, having a job and other demands. Plus there's how the body doesn't do what it used to! Different things work for different people and maybe you just have to find your own fix? You can read my profile and see what worked or me ... started as weight loss and became the best thing I dd for my health. Good luck!