Snack Ideas Please

Options
I work 5 days a week. I need to bring my afternoon snack with me so that I wont be starving by the time I get home. I am just tired of the same thing everyday. Please share your favorite snacks. I don't have a fridge at work:ohwell:

Replies

• gemiwing
    gemiwing Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    Grahm crackers and those little sugar-free cups of applesauce, apples, bananas, beef jerky (look out for sodium on those).

Basically anything not nailed down hehehe
  • vanimami
    vanimami Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    My fave is a fiber one oats and chocolate bar. It satisfies my chocolate tooth and has fiber to keep me full. Also, nuts and fruit are great snacks. Unfortunately, I"m at a blank for more ideas, which is odd:huh:
  • spunkiemunkie503
    Options
    String cheese is great! Apples with peanut butter.....celery with fat free cream cheese (may have to carry a cooler but it's worth the hassel) cottage cheese with peaches popcorn almonds I could go on and on Laughing cow cheese is incredible! Good luck :smile: :flowerforyou: :tongue:
  • Ileanak
    Ileanak Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Total 100% Whole Grain Cereal (Dry) - Half a cup. Sounds bland, but without the milk, it is a crunchy and sweet (yes, sweet). I like it becasue it provides fiber and is filling
    half a cup is 66 cals, 2g Protein, 16g carbs (2g of which are fiber), and no fat.

or Seapoint Dry roasted edemame (Costco), 1/4 cup
    quarter cup is 130 cals, 14g Protein, 10g carbs (8g of which are fiber), and 4g fat.
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options
    My fave is a fiber one oats and chocolate bar. It satisfies my chocolate tooth and has fiber to keep me full. Also, nuts and fruit are great snacks. Unfortunately, I"m at a blank for more ideas, which is odd:huh:

Those Fiber One bars were MY favorite too! But, because of their "after effects", my husband has pretty much forbidden me to buy anymore of em! :laugh: Soooooo, instead I have either an apple, orange, or Special K bar. NOT as filling though, but, at least I can stand to be around myself, and my husband won't be throwing me outside! :laugh:
  • Valtishia
    Valtishia Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    If you don't have a fridge at work... that fruit on the go stuff is tasty.
    Pretty much any fruit or veggie that isn't refrigerated in the grocery store is good too.
    I have never had to use them but you can get freezer packs that might help to keep stuff cold that you would prefer to eat. I don't think they are too expensive and you just need to refreeze them each night.
  • pniana
    pniana Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Smart Food PopCorn Clusters. 1 package has 110 calories. High in fiber, low in fat and calories and comes in flavors!
  • expressbug
    expressbug Posts: 100
    Options
    I like

Fiber One Bars - I like the peanut butter ones
    Cottage cheese with friut mixed in
    String Cheese
    Gaucamole and Wheat Crackers
    Fruit - Apples, Oranges, Grapes, Strawberries, Peaches, Pears
    Baby Carrots
    100 Calorie Snacks

Hope this helps!!
  • flcaoh
    flcaoh Posts: 444
    Options
    Fruit is great.

Fiber One bars, and other nutrition bars.

Almonds and other nuts. (just make sure to measure out your serving sizes b/c they are calorie dense)

Cut up celery and mix it with baby carrots in a little zip lock baggie (I buy several things of celery and baby carrots during the weekend and cut and mix into baggies to grap and go during my busy weeks... this has saved my diet, saved my money, and has kept me away from the vending machines!)

I also did the above with cheery tomatoes for a while.

Half pb/j sandwich.

The list is endless!
  • dnd858
    dnd858 Posts: 64
    Options
    I like to bring Almonds to work to snack on but definitely measure them out--they can be addicting!
    Maybe some pretzels
  • cpafford79
    cpafford79 Posts: 88
    Options
    I like to mix my afternoon snacks up a bit based on my cravings (and if my good friend TOM is making his monthly appearance:wink: ).

Sweet - Quaker Mini Delights White Chocolatey Drizzle
    Filling - 2 Fat Free rice cakes with 2 tbsp reduced fat peanut butter
    - Celery with Laughing Cow cheese wedge
    - Dannon Light & Fit Vanilla Yogurt with grapes and strawberries mixed (1 cup of yougurt is around 110 calories and with the fruit mixed in you really have a good quantity of food for low cals)

Hope this helps!:smile:
  • brainey100
    brainey100 Posts: 27
    Options
    I really enjoy protein bars (low in sugar), popcorn, grapes, pretzels, and plain almonds.
  • sincereme
    sincereme Posts: 276
    Options
    Thanks for all the great ideas!!

I think I am going to buy a small cooler too since some of the yummy ideas need a fridge....lol
  • Celestia
    Celestia Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Grapes and almonds! I like to put one almond in a grape and eat it :tongue: