kickboxing

Options
vanimami
vanimami Posts: 433 Member
I've been going to this kickboxing class every so often and I LOVE it! Does anyone have any success stories of kickboxing and how it worked for them? Maybe I'm looking for motivation to go more often :blushing: I do run a lot, but I never feel like anything is better than running, for whatever reason.

Replies

• kandyjo
    kandyjo Posts: 4,648 Member
    Options
    I don't have a success story (yet) (:
    I love kickboxing....it is something that I find enjoyable and its a good kick butt workout...
    I have just now gotten back into it...I have a lot more weight to lose...
    Good luck! (:
  • ebkins7
    ebkins7 Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    I do... I LOVE kick boxing!! It's one of my favorite gym class. I was getting in shape to join the Marines and I lost 60 lbs by doing a combination of Kick boxing, running, and Pillates! If you throw your punches and kicks like you are actually going to hit someone, with proper form of course. You will see amazing results! My arms have never been more toned in my life!!!
  • organicem
    organicem Posts: 16
    Options
    Hi. I just joined today... and we has basically the same start and goal weight... :smile: Kickboxing rocks... when I was at my most fit I went to kickboxing 3 - 5x per week... it is great cardio... and it tones/sculpts ... LOVE IT. :bigsmile:
  • vanimami
    vanimami Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Well, I'm glad to hear everyone else loves it as much as I and it actually does give results! As of lately, I would do running and pilates or yoga. I work out in the mornings before work, so sometimes it's hard to get that extra push to motivate me to make it to the actual class :grumble: but if I stick to it, I might reach my goals faster :love:

btw organicem, I joined yesterday too, so we're both going to be on the same track :wink: