Breakfast Pizza

Options
csingleton24
csingleton24 Posts: 235 Member
Some of you may have seen my recipe for Chicken Pesto Pizza, well I used that recipe to inspire me to make a breakfast pizza. I made it this morning. I try to get my breakfast to be higher in calories because I usually eat salads for lunch or dinner so my calorie counts are lower during the day. Anyways, this was good, some of you might need to adjust some ingredients to lower the calorie count for your needs. Hope you like it.
DSC02242.jpg

Breakfast Pizza

1 whole wheat pita bread (I used Western Bagel)
1 whole egg
2 egg whites
1/4 cup low sodium canned black beans
2 tbsp. salsa (I used Tostitos Hot chunky salsa)
1/8 cup shredded mexican cheese (I used costcos)
1 tbs. light sour cream (I used Daisy)
1 green onion (green parts)
Few sprigs of cilantro

Preheat toaster oven to 350 degrees. Meanwhile scramble whole egg and egg whites. Heat black beans in microwave for about 30 seconds. Top whole wheat pita bread with 2 tablespoons of salsa, then add heated black beans. When eggs are done add them to the top of the beans. Sprinkle with 1/8 cup of shredded cheese. Heat in toaster oven for 5-8 minutes (to toast pita bread and melt cheese). Remove when toasted and sprinkle with green onions, cilantro and a dallop of light sour cream. ENJOY!
DSC02245.jpg

Calories: 391
carbs: 41
fat: 13
protein: 30
sugar: 5

Replies

• dothompson
    dothompson Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    This looks realy good. Is the serving size the whole pizza?
  • Valtishia
    Valtishia Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    that looks very yummy :)
    I have made something similiar with a tortilla, low sodium sauce, cheese and chicken with some cayenne on it. Absolutely yummy!!!!
  • MonicaRod
    MonicaRod Posts: 56
    Options
    Some of you may have seen my recipe for Chicken Pesto Pizza, well I used that recipe to inspire me to make a breakfast pizza. I made it this morning. I try to get my breakfast to be higher in calories because I usually eat salads for lunch or dinner so my calorie counts are lower during the day. Anyways, this was good, some of you might need to adjust some ingredients to lower the calorie count for your needs. Hope you like it.
    DSC02242.jpg

Breakfast Pizza

1 whole wheat pita bread (I used Western Bagel)
    1 whole egg
    2 egg whites
    1/4 cup low sodium canned black beans
    2 tbsp. salsa (I used Tostitos Hot chunky salsa)
    1/8 cup shredded mexican cheese (I used costcos)
    1 tbs. light sour cream (I used Daisy)
    1 green onion (green parts)
    Few sprigs of cilantro

Preheat toaster oven to 350 degrees. Meanwhile scramble whole egg and egg whites. Heat black beans in microwave for about 30 seconds. Top whole wheat pita bread with 2 tablespoons of salsa, then add heated black beans. When eggs are done add them to the top of the beans. Sprinkle with 1/8 cup of shredded cheese. Heat in toaster oven for 5-8 minutes (to toast pita bread and melt cheese). Remove when toasted and sprinkle with green onions, cilantro and a dallop of light sour cream. ENJOY!
    DSC02245.jpg

Calories: 391
    carbs: 41
    fat: 13
    protein: 30
    sugar: 5

THIS LOOKS DELICIOUS!!
    Thanks for always posting pictures...is motivates me a little more to actually MAKE the dish... not just READ it!!

Thanks again..i will be trying this weekend.

:blushing:
  • csingleton24
    csingleton24 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    The calorie count is for the whole thing...sorry I always forget to add that! I love pictures with recipes so I will try my hardest to add pics every time I post a recipe (unless I didn't make it yet!)...LOL. Anyways, thanks for all the motivation and inspiration you all illuminate! It's so encouraging!
  • ChaChaMommy
    Options
    tHANKS! THAT LOOKS REALLY YUMMY....AND I LOVE HAVING THE PICTURE!