Have you ever run into an ex after you lost weight?

Options

Replies

• hedwighigh
    hedwighigh Posts: 299
    Options
    I see my ex all the time since we both go to a small university.
    It's funny cause I was losing while we were dating (I still wasn't attractive enough for him) and I since lost more and toned up.

He doesn't speak to me cause he knows that I can't stand him but it's hilarious that I see him "jogging" around campus all the time since we split about 6-7 months ago but I've yet to see any difference in his appearance. He doesn't look like he's lost anything. This is very vindictive but I'm glad for his lack of results. He's a real jerk and thinks the world of himself.

I haven't seen my first ex though but we have mutual friends and his little sister goes to my university too so I have a feeling that he's been updated on how much weight I've lost and such. lol. I don't have any hard feelings against this ex though.
  • kathyc727
    kathyc727 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Not this weight loss time around, but after I had my daughter I had lost almost 50 lbs. & was looking pretty good. I was also breast feeding so my boobs were like WHOA. He was coming to pick the kids up & take them out for the day. He was about 2hrs. late & it was hot so we were all in the pool. I had a bathing suit on. He of coarse didn't say anything, but he was seriously checking me out. He followed me everywhere I went. At one point I had to remind him that the kids were waiting & he left his girlfriend out in the car. HAHA.
  • love22step
    love22step Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    No, but I'm back to my weight when we parted ways. We have four kids and a couple of grandchildren in common, so we'll run into each other again. The last time I saw him, he was skinny and I was at least 40 lbs overweight. When we were married, he was always telling me I should gain weight. He either wanted me to be heavy and look more like his grandmother, or he just didn't want anyone else to look at me. I'm not sure which. It doesn't matter, anyway.
  • rgrange
    rgrange Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    I wish, but I've been with my girlfriend since I was obese. it's cool.
  • MindyBlack
    MindyBlack Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    Oh yeah, and what I lost, he found and more. But I am not one to revel in that, nope, not me.
  • kathyc727
    Options
    No but I did run into my ex after I had just rolled out of bed and ran to the store to get some eggs, no makeup on and looked like crap. So I was trying to play it cool and avoid him seeing me by pretending to text someone on my phone with my head down as I was walking through the parking lot. Needless to say I walked under a tree, got my hair caught in a branch, and as I was trying to untangle myself, he drove by laughing at me. Oops.

Priceless.
    Saw my first ever teenage super crush (I had gotten pretty heavy since the last time I saw him). I tried to cross the street really quick before he could see me, stepped off the curb behind a car that was backing out of a parking space, got knocked off my feet by the car and you know, I ofcourse, was wearing a skirt. We became FB friends not that long ago. The first message I got was
    "I see London, I see France, I see Kathy's underpants" Gotta love it. LOL
  • PatasDeGallina
    PatasDeGallina Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I knew a girl that ran into her ex at the mall after she'd lost 50 lbs, and he was like, "OMG, you've lost weight! You look so good!" And she said, "Yeah, well, what can I say? Breaking up with you agrees with me."

:smile:
  • kathyc727
    Options
    All the time because we have shared custody of our daughter lol . Many times he said that I look good and even asked me my program for his new girlfriend:smokin:

Ha! I would have loved to be there when he gave her that info! "Here, Greta, my ex lost a lot of weight on MFP, maybe you would like to try it."

HAHAHAHA
  • stpkellogg
    Options
    Yep and he told me why didn't I do this when we were together. It felt great to rub it in his face that I was skinny again, engaged and totally happy. Now happily married with a son four years later. I know he regrets his mistakes now and even friended my sister on fb, I bet just to keep up with me. It felt so good to tell him what a ****tard he was to me and to rub it in how hot I loooked.
  • sisierra
    sisierra Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    This is an awesome thread! Great job ladies!
  • melbaby925
    melbaby925 Posts: 613
    Options
    I haven't physically run into him, but we have lots of friends in common on FB because we grew up together. He's got a new wife and I just saw a picture someone posted a week ago of both of them - and they're both huge. I didn't recognize him at first! He's picked up all that I've lost plus some.

Karma is a fabulous thing.
  • dntworribhappi
    dntworribhappi Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I ran into an ex at a wedding a few years back when i was lighter & in great shape ( and wearing a cute little dress). We were standing in the same group of people chatting. His friend looked at me, looked at him, looked back at me and told him, "dude, you really F-ed up!" That felt pretty darn good, I have to admit! :laugh:
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    All the time because we have shared custody of our daughter lol . Many times he said that I look good and even asked me my program for his new girlfriend:smokin:

Ha! I would have loved to be there when he gave her that info! "Here, Greta, my ex lost a lot of weight on MFP, maybe you would like to try it."

HAHAHAHA
    Still wonder for how long he had to sleep on the couch for that one.
  • Ohjeezitskim
    Ohjeezitskim Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    No.. but that might become a reality soon since my ex just called my current boyfriend and asked to hang out.....
  • NotGoddess
    NotGoddess Posts: 1,198 Member
    Options
    I haven't seen my ex since last summer when I picked up the boys after their stay with him. I was just starting to lose weight then. I look much better now and am determined to be at goal and fit long before he sees me next in late June. I know he's not going to react-he barely speaks to me when we exchange the kids. But...I'm going to feel a little vindictive self-satisfaction all the same when I get out of the car wearing something that's casual but clearly shows my results. One of those "How do you like me now?" moments. :)
  • Elf_Princess1210
    Elf_Princess1210 Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    I haven't seen my ex boyfriend for a few years. I dated a guy briefly between my ex husband and my current husband. He wasn't a bad guy and I have no hard feelings against him. I weigh about the same as when he and I had dated; so he'll probably recognize me. I ended up gaining 40-45 lbs after I broke it off with him, but that wasn't because of the breakup, that was PTSD. He was a good guy, but he drank way too much. I was also emotionally messed up from my ex husband that it caused our relationship to suffer as well; which probably caused him to drink more. I don't know. If I ran into him again, I would tell him that I am sorry I ditched him. I would also thank him for helping me see that there are still good men out in the world, and thank him for the loving support he gave me: that I hope he found a good woman to be with him, because he really deserves happiness. I would also tell him that it was because of his kindness I was able to find and appreciate my husband.

As for my ex husband, I have an order of protection against him. If he ever came around me he'd go to jail! :)
  • Elf_Princess1210
    Elf_Princess1210 Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I ran into an ex at a wedding a few years back when i was lighter & in great shape ( and wearing a cute little dress). We were standing in the same group of people chatting. His friend looked at me, looked at him, looked back at me and told him, "dude, you really F-ed up!" That felt pretty darn good, I have to admit! :laugh:

BWAHAHAHAHAH!!! I would have loved to see the look on his face when the guy said that to him :)
  • surfrgrl1
    surfrgrl1 Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    Yes, so I backed up the car and ran over him again...

But seriously, if I did, it wouldn't matter, because he made mean comments about my hips when I was not overweight. (Those are called curves by the way, you idiot). sorry... had to say that.
  • MaritaD
    MaritaD Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Oh yeah, and what I lost, he found and more. But I am not one to revel in that, nope, not me.

Hahaha yup, same situation! And I run into him every week because he sees our daughter once a week.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    It's OK to gloat about it! :-)

It will probably never happen to me, anyway. I gained all my weight while with the current BF and then lost most of it and regained some (though the exercise is keeping my size down even if the scale is up). So I was quite thin with all my exes and if they saw me now, I'm actually bigger. And that would suck. Thankfully, I live nowhere near any of them.