morning or night?

Options
When is the best time to exercise first thing in the morning before you eat anything or at night after you've had dinner? Does the time you exercise effect your weightloss? Like if you workout before you go to bed will it show more weight loss on the scale? Just wondering what way Is better.. I'm currently doing the 30ds and I've been doing it in the morning while my kids eat there breakfast.. Thank you for any answers!! : )

Replies

• Caro1991
    Caro1991 Posts: 97
    Options
    I heard its best at night, if am not mistaking I heard it from the show revalution. And I think you should workout then eat, since your matabolism would be goin it can brake food down easier.
  • Glucocorticoid
    Glucocorticoid Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    When is the best time to exercise first thing in the morning before you eat anything or at night after you've had dinner? Does the time you exercise effect your weightloss? Like if you workout before you go to bed will it show more weight loss on the scale? Just wondering what way Is better.. I'm currently doing the 30ds and I've been doing it in the morning while my kids eat there breakfast.. Thank you for any answers!! : )

It does not matter. The best time is when you can do it consistently (which is not to say you should be exercising everyday).

Don't get hung up on what the scale says each day. Water weight fluctuates. Look for trends over time.
  • InfinitePoss
    InfinitePoss Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I read along time ago that there was more of a fat burn working out first thing in the morning on an empty stomach but this may not be true and I agree with the other poster that stated you should work-out whenever you know you can do it consistently.

I work out first thing in the morning just because I know that once I get into my day and life takes over I am much less likely to do it.
  • aksunshine
    aksunshine Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I work out at night, but only because I'm too lazy in the morning. I have done mornings at the gym before, and I honestly don't think it matters what time..it's more about doing it. I also will go sometimes during lunch. Whether I run 5 miles in the morning or 5 miles at night, my calorie count is the same for me.
  • jessielynn25
    Options
    thanks everyone! : ) I also heard that It burns more fat on a empty stomach in thx morning. This is why I wanted to ask. I personally can't eat the workout I get sick. Even if I wait a couple hours I don't know why but I get dizzy and I almost passed out the last time so now I just do it before I eat and it works out well. : )
  • Glucocorticoid
    Glucocorticoid Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    I also heard that It burns more fat on a empty stomach in thx morning.

Don't believe everything you hear :tongue:
  • tsh0ck
    tsh0ck Posts: 1,970 Member
    Options
    the when doesn't matter at all -- just like the when in 'when should I stop eating?'

do it when you can do it. because of my schedule, I generally work out at about midnight or 1 a.m. but that's after I get off work. and I think, personally, that's the best time to work out. not for health benefits, but just as a stress reliever.
  • Bloviate
    Bloviate Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I work out in the morning because I refuse to take two showers a day!

Exercise whenever it fits best with your schedule so that it becomes a habit.