touchy subject?

Options
SOoo for the ladies..this may be kinda an awkward subject buttttttt....does anyone else have stretch marks from their constant yoyo weight loss?? I feel so insecure about mine sometimes and i dont even know what to do anymore...Doessss anyone have any recommendations? My bf says he doesnt even notice them..but i do..come on..im a girl! i notice everything lol...hope this isnt too awkward of a subject! haha

Replies

• TisMee76
    TisMee76 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Yup!!!!

But you know what...as much as I didn't believe people when they told me years ago, I really don't notice them now either!!!

And hey...if stretch marks are all I have to worry about...I'm doing ok!
  • cellokitty91
    cellokitty91 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I have some faint ones on my hips from puberty that I hate!! But I'm so pale I don't think he notices..I hope anyways!
  • 77tes
    77tes Posts: 8,015 Member
    Options
    Do a search on this subject and you'll find that it has come up a lot. I think women care way more about stretch marks that we should. One lady calls them her tiger stripes -- I like that!
  • NotGoddess
    NotGoddess Posts: 1,198 Member
    Options
    If you think this is touchy try posting something about (not) eating exercise cals or above bmr :)

I have stretch marks, but it's from pregnancy and just being overweight a long time. :( I don't like them, but I'll never really be rid of them and from what I've read on the forums guys don't really notice or care. So I'll live with them. Focus on changing what I can.
  • Kassieisproud
    Options
    Stretch marks are hard to get rid of i have lots on my arms and around my chest from when i started to lift I used to hate them but now i consider them battle scars to show i won the war
  • monocot
    monocot Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    i've got them everywhere. I even have some on my shoulders. I can't hide those ones. Tanning hides it. I don't actually tan But I use this Shimmer Lotion that makes me Skin skimmer and so people notice the Shine not anything else. or at least that's what I like to believe
  • Laurej
    Laurej Posts: 227
    Options
    I used mederma... It's an OTC scar cream.... Helped a lot!
  • Hickyvikki69
    Hickyvikki69 Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    i have stretch marks from being a teen and i was not ever overweight then..they just progressed with weight and pregnancies and now they look ick losing the weight again.
  • Koshkaxo
    Koshkaxo Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Not so much from yo-yo-ing but from puberty. They are everywhere, hips, butt, thighs arms... :mad: They are really bad on my lovehandles especially. They have faded over time from red to silvery but still noticeable. Even when I reach my goal weight I'll never be able to wear a bikini with confidence :brokenheart:
  • LovableNightmare
    Options
    "Your body is not ruined. You're a goddamn tiger who has earned her stripes."

Found that on Tumblr, and it's made me giggle & happier about the situation. I don't bother with stretch marks too much though. I've convinced myself that nobody would notice them - and even if anyone did, it's not like they're going to care.
  • Beezil
    Beezil Posts: 1,677 Member
    Options
    I don't mind my stretchmarks much at all. I'm much more concerned with loose skin and loss of boobage. =/ lol
  • katiej122
    katiej122 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I have them on my hips and inner thighs. I've never tried to get rid of them myself but I have heard good things from some friends about Bio-Oil for fading them.
    Honestly though, you shouldn't stress over them. They're just marks on the skin and I always thought that the people who were dumb enough to ever make rude comments about mine weren't worth my time anyway.
    They're just a part of you like anything else, don't let them get you down :)
  • jenj1313
    jenj1313 Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    Some people get them just from growing, weight gain or not. My ex was 5'9" and weighed about 165 max... he got stretch marks in HS when he grew.

So if part of your embarrassment is that people will know where they came from (if you don't have children), then I wouldn't worry.

Otherwise... you can try lotions and creams and but I don't know if any actually work.

Good luck! Try not to let them get to you :-)
    Jen
  • BeetleChe13
    BeetleChe13 Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    I have some faint ones on my hips from puberty that I hate!! But I'm so pale I don't think he notices..I hope anyways!

Me too. They may be faint to others, but in my eyes, they may as well be bright red. :laugh: I also have some on my knees, which is just awkward.
  • k_sharp
    k_sharp Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I have lots! Most of them are from my babies but I had some on my chest and thighs from puberty. When I was pregnant with my second my husband called me zebra *kitten*! I'm glad he loves me anyways ;)
  • cowchick4_fun
    Options
    i have have them too. but i try to forget they are there. hey i have had 3 kids and i have been big all my life so it is what it is. nothing to get to upset about. i dont care for them either but i dont stress over them either. my friend has told me vitamin E oil will help fade them out. she uses it. i have not tried it yet but even when my mom what alive she told me about vitamin E oil too. i think im going to try it.
  • CynthiasChoice
    CynthiasChoice Posts: 1,047 Member
    Options
    I try not to focus on my imperfections, but instead try to remind myself of my good qualities. Life's too short to make yourself miserable worrying about what someone else will think of you. Truth is, most people are so busy worrying about their own imperfections, they don't have time to consider yours!! Make a list of 10 things you love about yourself and when you start thinking about your stretch marks, recite your list, and be grateful for all you have to offer.
  • jessie1480
    jessie1480 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Stretch marks are hard to get rid of i have lots on my arms and around my chest from when i started to lift I used to hate them but now i consider them battle scars to show i won the war

Where is the like button when you need one??? Heck with like how a out, I love this one!!!
  • FishingFan123
    FishingFan123 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Stretch marks are like a tatoo. They tell a story of you, battles you've been in, battles you've won.
    BTW, people who need corticosteroids for a long time to control a disease (Crohns, ulcerative colitis, asthma etc), can get stretch marks anyway, even tho they are thin. And, THEIR stretchmarks are purple, on top of it.

IMHO, dont worry about them. They tell a story, battles you fought. Few people lead a charmed life, even tho they'd like you to think they do. Lol, EVERYONE has skeletons in the closet.

MHO. :)
  • mamadolce6499
    mamadolce6499 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    My belly is riddled with zebra stripes from gaining and losing and gaining again along with two pregnancies. But honestly I wear them with pride, they are my battle scars :happy: Over the years they have lightened immensely, I don't think any amount of lotion or oils will ever make them go away completely. Don't be ashamed of them, its apart of you and so not worth stressing over. Your body is beautiful and you need to make sure you tell yourself that everyday.