Jillian's Body Revolution

Options
Totally want to try it out, but am not sure if it is something I should invest in. I mean if I was to stay on this program, would i ever have to switch to another exercise to continue losing? because on her site she already has a NEW dvd out for kickboxing! I am so confused as to how all of it works, and how my body will react. I am afraid I would be losing money if I have to keep investing in new dvds.

Replies

• beatingobesityforlife
    beatingobesityforlife Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    what works for you?
  • JFroggin11
    JFroggin11 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    You all can find some great workout videos by going on You Tube....whatever kind of workout you are looking for...they have them. Save your money...you can find other sources to cover what you are looking for. Even Self.com has workout videos for free...
    Jus sayin!!!
  • Glucocorticoid
    Glucocorticoid Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    what works for you?

What works for me may not be what is optimal for you. What is your goal?
  • beatingobesityforlife
    Options
    You all can find some great workout videos by going on You Tube....whatever kind of workout you are looking for...they have them. Save your money...you can find other sources to cover what you are looking for. Even Self.com has workout videos for free...
    Jus sayin!!!
    thats very true..I have xbox360 live, so I can use youtube on my tv. Now, should I invest in some exercise eqipment, and if so, what do I need?
  • beatingobesityforlife
    Options
    what works for you?

What works for me may not be what is optimal for you. What is your goal?
    To gain energy, eat right, and motivation to move and to lose 120 lbs
  • Saffyra
    Saffyra Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    There are plenty of free videos available.

I have several Jillian DVD's and really enjoy them. My suggestion would be to buy one (they're cheap, $7 on Amazon.com) and see if you like her before you commit to something like Body Revolution.

I find I get a do-able workout with her DVD's. And that is the key. You have to enjoy what you are doing or else you won't do it. I really have enjoyed 30 Day Shred and Killer Buns and Thighs, as well as Burn Fat Boost Metabolism.

Edited to Add: 30 Day Shred is an excellent beginner DVD in my opinion. I also have Body Revolution and believe that it is also a great starting point for a complete beginner from what I've experienced with it so far. However, it would be best to see what Jillian DVD's are like before committing that much money.
  • tulip07
    tulip07 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I just started Body Revolution today and really LOVE it! There is a group here for "Jillian Michaels Body Revolution" with a lot of members who have had great results. Check it out!
  • beatingobesityforlife
    Options

I have several Jillian DVD's and really enjoy them. My suggestion would be to buy one (they're cheap, $7 on Amazon.com) and see if you like her before you commit to something like Body Revolution.

I find I get a do-able workout with her DVD's. And that is the key. You have to enjoy what you are doing or else you won't do it. I really have enjoyed 30 Day Shred and Killer Buns and Thighs, as well as Burn Fat Boost Metabolism.

true, I might do that. I have a bad habit of buying dvds and never using them...I have a lot of the Taboe videos as well as some older cosmopolitan exercise videos, and have never used them. =/
  • beatingobesityforlife
    Options
    I just started Body Revolution today and really LOVE it! There is a group here for "Jillian Michaels Body Revolution" with a lot of members who have had great results. Check it out!

Ok I will check it out, thank you =))
  • lilsassymom
    lilsassymom Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Can I ask why you say this? There are many people on here that love Jillian Michaels and have seen results with most of her dvds. I have almost all of them. I find most of her dvds quite enjoyable and I know they work. I don't have a gym membership and almost 95% of my workout dvds are Jillian Michaels dvds. As you can see by my weight loss ticker her dvds work and she is NO idiot. You have your opinion and I have mine. She obviously knows what she is talking about when so many people on MFP have lost weight with her dvds---just sayin:bigsmile: .

I am starting month 2 of Jillian Michaels Body Revolution. So far, I love it---but I like almost all of her dvds. Have you tried her 30 Day Shred? I would start with that dvd first to see if you like Jillian as a trainer---some people don't like her attitude. You can find it at Walmart for around $9-$10 and you will definitely see good results with it. Search for 30 Day Shred in the forums and you will get a lot of positive threads come up:flowerforyou: .
  • tulip07
    tulip07 Posts: 167 Member
    Options

Edited to Add: 30 Day Shred is an excellent beginner DVD in my opinion. I also have Body Revolution and believe that it is also a great starting point for a complete beginner from what I've experienced with it so far. However, it would be best to see what Jillian DVD's are like before committing that much money.

Great advice as always Saffyra :)

One idea is to rent a DVD at your local library first. I always do that when trying out new DVDs by instructors I haven't tried before. There is no rental fee at my public library, so it's even better.
  • lilsassymom
    Options

^^^This is what I was thinking exactly:bigsmile: .
  • beatingobesityforlife
    Options
    Can I ask why you say this? There are many people on here that love Jillian Michaels and have seen results with most of her dvds. I have almost all of them. I find most of her dvds quite enjoyable and I know they work. I don't have a gym membership and almost 95% of my workout dvds are Jillian Michaels dvds. As you can see by my weight loss ticker her dvds work and she is NO idiot. You have your opinion and I have mine---except I have evidence to prove that she is NO idiot. She obviously knows what she is talking about when so many people on MFP have lost weight with her dvds---just sayin:bigsmile: .

I am starting month 2 of Jillian Michaels Body Revolution. So far, I love it---but I like almost all of her dvds. Have you tried her 30 Day Shred? I would start with that dvd first to see if you like Jillian as a trainer---some people don't like her attitude. You can find it at Walmart for around $9-$10 and you will definitely see good results with it. Search for 30 Day Shred in the forums and you will get a lot of positive threads come up:flowerforyou: .
    [/quote]

congrats on your current weight loss!! Have you lost 19lbs in 2 months? That;s awesome! definitely will consider buying..I need motivation from a hard core person that will push me past my limits..until I am able to push myself by myself. Thanks for your information, It really helps me!
  • mickeygirliegirl
    mickeygirliegirl Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    If you have a habit of buying and then not using I would suggest (as others have) to try one of Jillian's other DVDs. Body Revolution is a big investment if you're not going to use it.
  • Razkler14
    Razkler14 Posts: 74
    Options
    Don't waste your money on videos... join a gym! Nothing beats that! You need to be lifting weights not just doing silly moves in your living room. It's a place to start but it's not going to get you where you want to go!
  • lilsassymom
    Options
    Can I ask why you say this? There are many people on here that love Jillian Michaels and have seen results with most of her dvds. I have almost all of them. I find most of her dvds quite enjoyable and I know they work. I don't have a gym membership and almost 95% of my workout dvds are Jillian Michaels dvds. As you can see by my weight loss ticker her dvds work and she is NO idiot. You have your opinion and I have mine---except I have evidence to prove that she is NO idiot. She obviously knows what she is talking about when so many people on MFP have lost weight with her dvds---just sayin:bigsmile: .

[/quote]

congrats on your current weight loss!! Have you lost 19lbs in 2 months? That;s awesome! definitely will consider buying..I need motivation from a hard core person that will push me past my limits..until I am able to push myself by myself. Thanks for your information, It really helps me!
    [/quote]
    Thank you. I have lost 19 lbs since joining MFP last November---but I would say most (almost 98%) of the dvds I do are Jillian Michaels dvds. She has a lot of dvds out there. I would definitely start with one of her cheap dvds before investing in her Body Revolution to make sure you like her:smile: .
  • beatingobesityforlife
    Options

[/quote]

[/quote]
    Thank you. I have lost 19 lbs since joining MFP last November---but I would say most (almost 98%) of the dvds I do are Jillian Michaels dvds. She has a lot of dvds out there. I would definitely start with one of her cheap dvds before investing in her Body Revolution to make sure you like her:smile: .
    [/quote]
    =) ok and your welcome! and I am up for anything to try, and my husband is wanting to join in as well..so maybe hell do it or P90X with me
  • lilsassymom
    Options
    Don't waste your money on videos... join a gym! Nothing beats that! You need to be lifting weights not just doing silly moves in your living room. It's a place to start but it's not going to get you where you want to go!
    Again, everyone's opinions are different. I once had a gym membership---and I found it to be very hard to stay committed to going. You always had to plan it out ahead of time. Something always came up---I dreaded going. I then decided to cancel my membership. I started working out at home. I started with a few dvds, then bought some dumbbells, and a mat. I have slowly bought more dvds and even have weights up to 20 lbs. My dvd stash is quite large now. I don't own ANY machines---no treadmill or elliptical machines. You CAN lose weight and tone up without all the fancy machines they have at the gym.

A few months ago I finished ChaLean Extreme (heavy lifting dvd set---like P90X) and I really enjoyed heavy lifting. I need to get a few more weights---a 25 lb and a 30 lb set. I am planning on doing round 2 of ChaLean when I finish Jillian Michaels Body Revolution to finish toning.

I find working out at home much more enjoyable. I can squeeze my workouts in without having to schedule my workout around driving to/from a gym. I can do it when I have "down" time. I have been far more successful at losing weight on my own in the comfort of my own home. I am in the best shape I have been in almost 10 years. Instead of putting money into a gym membership every month---put that money towards your own workout equipment. Wether it be dvds, weights, a heart rate monitor etc. Just start small and build your stash like I did. That way when your life gets crazy hectic you have NO excuse for not working out when you can do so in the comfort of your own home on YOUR time.
  • SPNLuver83
    SPNLuver83 Posts: 2,050 Member
    Options
    download just about any workout you want for free

that's what I do and have saved myself hundreds of $$$s

infact I just downloaded JM's killer buns and thigh and i saw body revolution on there.
  • SPNLuver83
    SPNLuver83 Posts: 2,050 Member
    Options

I've lost all my weight and built tons of lean muscle doing at home videos.... no gym at all for me, I have social anxiety.