Battleing an eating disorder....

Options
So I joined MFP in order to help keep my eating disorder (anorexia and bulimia) under control. I just got out of treatment a week ago. I'm wondering if there is anyone else out there struggling like me?

Replies

• maerieanne
    maerieanne Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Hi Debbie :D
    I joined here too for the same reason, I've been recovered for a year now, although I never went to treatment (and for what I read its hell :S), just a few friends found out about my ED and they helped me a lot and still are.
    I still have my ups and downs but I'm trying my best, if you wanna chat or need support or anything I'm here.
    Keep going!
  • ksarkarati
    ksarkarati Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Heya,
    I joined for similar reasons. Was never treated inpatient, but struggled with disordered eating (binge/restrict). Over the past 15 months, I have gained about 10 pounds, putting me at a healthy weight. However, a lot of the gain was due to eating whatever I wanted, which didn't feel so great. MFP has been really helpful in helping me track my food and making sure that I'm eating enough and the right foods to stay healthy. Congrats on joining, I know coming back from eating issues is very challenging, but I am here to support you as are so many other people. Feel free to friend request me and good luck. Also, be gentle with yourself in this process.