So I see results but I'm drained...

Options
I've been doing the couch to 5k but I'm doing it more days a week. Today was day 5 of week 1 and to be honest I was drained... I was dripping sweat more than the other days and just not feeling good until it was over.

I even switched up my music to see if it would help.
Side note, I :heart: Slacker radio!

What do you all do when your just feeling BLAH?

But after I seriously felt GREAT!

let me know some pointers please!

Replies

• adopt4
    adopt4 Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    You may be doing it too much. You're supposed to let your body rest a day in between, do it 3 days a week in the beginning... Also be sure you are eating those exercise cals, and staying hydrated...

Eventually, your body will get used to it.
  • angelic12102003
    Options
    What is the couch to 5k?
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    it's a plan to get you ready to do a 5K run from being a couch potato. there are a LOT of different plans out there, just google the phrase and you'll see a bunch of them. and it really works!!
  • goldsparckles
    Options
    I always tell myself that I'll run for at least 10 minutes and then I can stop if I want. Usually by the time you get to 10 minutes, you wanna keep going. Just motivate yourself to get out the door. The ending feeling is so much better than beating yourself up for skipping the work out.
  • charliesgold
    charliesgold Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I feel that way since I started back to school on top of working and I find that I just have to give myself a day off now and again (on top of weekends off) or simply just switch it up like today, I just didn't have the energy to run so I sat on the bike and biked for an hour instead. If you're feeling low on energy try adding something else in to your routine and if all else fails take a day off now and then, if you're too tired you could do more damage than good by working out.
  • gustergirl
    gustergirl Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    You need to follow the plan but also research how to eat properly, how to recover and how to let your body rest. You should run every other day but I know sometimes with my schedule I cant do that. You should check out the runners club section under the fitness board. Good luck!