HEY you walking coloring book...

Options
Arn't we just fantastic?! LOL. Okay you tattoo lovers (and haters) whats your favorite piece and why? If you dont like tattoos, do you have a legit reason? Please share! Be nice kiddies!

My fav - Its a tie between the start on my full sleeve or my random BOSS LADY tattoo... lol funny story.

Replies

• Bahet
    Bahet Posts: 1,254 Member
    Options
    I don't like tattoos. Whether or not someone else thinks my reasons are "legit" isn't of any importance. IMO they look trailer trash and unprofessional. I don't mean "unprofessional" as in they aren't artistic. I mean that I have never seen a doctor, lawyer, accountant, etc with a full sleeve or neck tattoos or anything of the sort. Yea, yea, I know I know "But my cousin's friend's boyfriend is a world reknown surgeon and he has tattoos over every inch of his body but I guess you'd just rather die than be treated by the best surgeon in the world..." They may indeed be the best surgeon in the world. But that doesn't change the fact that I think they look more like trailer trash than a medical professional.

That also doesn't mean I dislike people with tattoos. One of my dear friends has a few and she's a university professor. Upon meeting her though, "Oh I bet she's a university professor" wasn't in the top 50 things I would have ever thought.
  • Pengi81
    Pengi81 Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    I have 6 pieces of work... so far

My favourite has to be my piratey anchor on my right lower side of calf :smile:
  • 1979rrh
    1979rrh Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I love the way a just black ink tattoo looks, I have a friend that had his arms done with black ink only and they are off a pinup style goddess.
    I do not have one, I am not against... just commitment issues ;-)
  • coliema
    coliema Posts: 7,646 Member
    Options
    "Whether or not someone else thinks my reasons are "legit" isn't of any importance. "

^^^ That.
  • jcriscuolo
    jcriscuolo Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    I don't like them. My brother is covered in them. I think Bahet makes a good point. For some people, there is an immediate pre-judgement about a person with tattoos. I wonder if there has been a study relating the amount of tattoos a person has to education level. I am not saying that there is a correlation - just wondering about the previous posters observation regarding doctors.
    I have heard the saying "it is a permanent reminder of a temporary feeling". My uncle was in the Navy and got one on his forearm and regretted it his entire life.
    I don't have a real good reason not to like them. I have actually thought of getting a small one on upper arm so it would be hidden by a sort sleeve shirt.
  • Cherrybomb2012
    Options
    Well you've met your first working professional banker who has tattoos :)