• Nikki881
    Nikki881 Posts: 203
    Options
    i needed to see this, this morning. great job and great reminder

I second this... great work!!
  • jenj1313
    jenj1313 Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    Awesome!!! What a difference 8 lbs makes when it comes of the "right" way... very inspiring :-)

Keep up the good work!
    Jen
  • sunnyskyjb
    sunnyskyjb Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Wow, congrats! You look great!!!
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    Options
    You can really see the difference! X
  • PeaceLoveVeggies
    PeaceLoveVeggies Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    STRIKE A POSE!! Haha

Awesome work! :)
  • Lisa294
    Lisa294 Posts: 9
    Options
    Congrats! You look fantastic!!
  • Jenjaz1910
    Jenjaz1910 Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    Bump for inspiration x
  • betaleonis
    betaleonis Posts: 178
    Options
    Thank you for posting this as I'm on week 5 and was wondering if I'm going to see more progress! :D May I ask... did you cheat on clean eating at all during the 8 weeks? Just curious as I have, but only twice in 5 weeks which is record breaking for me... You look amazing!!!!!

Hi there:)

I believe that it is all about balance, and eating more like the French and less like Americans (smaller portions).
    I drink plenty of water, eat a lot of fruit, vegetables, meat, whole grains, eggs, and nuts - but I also drink red wine, enjoy chocolate, and bake pies.

Food is a huge part of life. A deliciously huge part. Eat well, and from time to time, indulge - if it strikes your fancy.

Well done for reaching 5 weeks!!

As someone who has several French colleagues- you mean you are eating lots of butter, raw beef, organ meats, smoking and red wine? oh and croissants for breakfast with cheese and hot chocolate- cause if you are doing that than i am amazed - my French colleagues often don't eat dinner which I think may help balance the rest but seriously the rest of their diet (that I see in my office) is amazing- I guess they have never messed up their metabolisms with yo-yo dieting and late night binges- that is the only thing I can think of

You look great btw!

Hi:)

I shouldn't have generalized countries perhaps;) What I meant by eating like the French is that (in my own experience with french culture) the portions are smaller (this is the key difference) and the days well-balanced. I would most happily enjoy chocolate and croissants for breakfast, but for the rest of the day, I would grudgingly eat lighter. There is nothing wrong with eating foods that are delicious and sweet, as long as they are real foods -- not processed - and kept under balance.

I do agree that a lot of French food is very rich in calories, so often a lot of the variations I make myself use olive oil over butter, meats with trimmed fat, etc. I am trying to lose weight of course, so I do have to regulate what kinds of calories I intake. That being said, yes I do eat full-fat cheeses, drink red wine, and eat red meats..I don't really fancy steak tartare though;)
    I hope that makes more sense, and thank you for your comment!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!