30 Day Shred Questions?

Options
I have 2 questions... I am on day 2 of the 30DS and did my workout this morning.

What weight hand weights are ideal to use? I am a female weighing around 144lbs currently.

Can you do the workout twice in a day? I'm trying to have a last 30 day push of my losing weight diet and wondered if I could do it once in the morning and once in the evening to get a 40min workout a day in? 20 mins doesn't seem like a lot!

Should I be doing this every day? or have rest days? I've accounted for every day for 30 days so far!

Replies

• BeautyAndStrength50
    BeautyAndStrength50 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    When I did it I was 155 and I did it everyday and used 3 lbs weights. I got good results from her dvd. Im a dedicated Jillian fan I have all of her dvd's and love the results. My fav. is Ripped N 30 I got massive results with that one. I used 3-5 pound weights with that one. If you want to do it twice a day its up to you but I only did it once a day and it was good for me. Its a choice I just took it as she says to do it so I wouldnt burn out. Good luck. If I can do it anyone can..

Susie Q
  • I don't see the harm in doing it twice in a day if you can do it :) I find that when I do it I struggle during but after a little while I feel ok... my weights are only 1.5kg but they hurt me. I'm about 130lbs so this is what works for me, just do what is a littttttle bit out of your comfort zone lol
  • bjsquires
    bjsquires Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I just recently finished 30day shred. I used 5lb weights for alot of the circuits and 2lbs for the ones that the 5lbs were to heavy. I didn't lose alot of weight (I am to blame for that because of my bad eating habits) but I lost inches and felt GREAT!!!! I only did it once a day.
  • mrs_kurz
    mrs_kurz Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your answers. I'm on a diet too, how much weight do you typically lose? I'd like to lose 5-6lbs
  • suzikay12
    suzikay12 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I did round 1 with 3lb weights. For some of the exercises 3lbs didn't seem like enough. For round 2 I am going to have 5lbs and 3lbs on deck so I can increase for certain muscles. I still want to keep the 3lbs around though, I must have the weakest shoulders on the planet because all of the shoulder exercises killed me, even with 3lbs.

I've lost about 6lbs in 30 days. I did 30DS once a day and walking, jogging, hooping or other exercise for 20-40 minutes also.