Gosh Darnit

Options
Arg. Today was a VERY busy day - and I didn't get to eat much for lunch. As a result, I still need to eat 579 calories today - and it's 8:00 at night!!!

I know we're supposed to eat all of our calories each day or risk going into starvation mode - but would it be OK, just for tonight, not to eat them? I'm just NOT hungry! (amazing, but true). And I hate to eat, just for the sake of eating, especially at night.

What do you experts think? :glasses:

edit: Make that 559 - I forgot I had Ketchup :laugh:

I was hoping I forgot something else - but no such luck :huh:

Replies

• mslopez4896
    Options
    Maybe eat something light? Cereal? Peanut butter sandwich? :smile:
  • dgoodwin
    dgoodwin Posts: 7
    Options
    I wouldn't worry about it. It would be really difficult for our bodies to go into starvation mode after just one day. If you get hungry eat something, but otherwise I wouldn't force myself to. That could be just as dangerous because it might start a bad habit.
  • czewwhat
    czewwhat Posts: 8,715
    Options
    I am not an expert, but a hand full of almonds and a piece of fruit might be just what you need! Your body rejuvenates when you sleep, that takes calories! don't wake up sluggish from starvation. I say eat something even if you cant get it all in, 579 is too much of a shortage if you ask me.
  • sassiebritches
    sassiebritches Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    You won't go into starvation mode in 1 night. It will be ok....you should try for at least a couple hundred cals before bed......:flowerforyou:
  • kelligirl
    kelligirl Posts: 210
    Options
    I don't think one day will make a difference, but don't make a habit of it. Those of us who are overweight certainly don't need to be eating when you aren't hungry - that's what got us in the shape we're in the begin with. I would suggest that you try to make it up over the next few days to a week, so that over the course of the week, your weekly / daily calorie intake averages out. Hope that helps.
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    I'll get flamed by the purist here, but I say listen to your body. Have a light snack and call it good. :wink:
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    I'll get flamed by the purist here, but I say listen to your body. Have a light snack and call it good. :wink:

call it good?

heck...call it Wednesday for that matter

stressing about all this is probably worse than the real issue

have a mouthful of delicious peanut butter and try to call it anything with that stuff in your mouth:laugh:
  • foxyforce
    foxyforce Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    a handful of almonds, a glass of milk/juice.

i can't tell you how easy it is for me to go over calories on those items!
  • gustergirl
    gustergirl Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    Just take it as a day and eat what you can. Its just a wake up call that you have to pack enough food so that you eat enough during the day. You can eat in the car ride there, car ride home etc. I take so much food with me on a daily basis so that I DO eat enough! Just try to plan better and you wont have this issue in the future!!