For the love of Pasta..

2»

Replies

• ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Does anyone have any low-calorie alternatives to pasta?
    Less pasta.
    That's exactly what I was going to say. Not "no pasta", though. I eat plenty of it, but try to make it less of the focus of the dish. Honestly if you want pasta there isn't a good substitute.
  • MichaelFunaro
    MichaelFunaro Posts: 66 Member
    Being Italian that has been my biggest problem, cutting down the pasta. But I do allow myself one day a week for pasta. First I bought online Quinoa Pasta, I think it tastes just like regular pasta but it's made from Quinoa, which is much healthier for you.

Second, since a serving of Quinoa pasta is 200 calories, I usually use 2 servings and while they are cooking I take a bag of Green Giant Broccoli and mix into it four tablespoons of fat free cream cheese. That will make a nice cheese sauce and when you add the pasta to the Broccoli and mix it all together you get a very nice service size for about 500 calories. You can even drop the pasta to one serving and then you only have 300 calories.

This gives me my pasta fix each week while making me feeling like I'm cheating. And it's very filling!!!!
  • JennMarieFitz
    JennMarieFitz Posts: 73 Member
    Thanks, everyone! I'm going to be only having it once a week, since there's not really any way to substitute it that's available to me. The pasta I've been using it 210 calories a serving - 1 cup's worth of noodles. I only eat one and I always add in tons of veggies, but if you add in the chicken on top of that and whatever sauce I use, It's a 500 cal meal!! I try to keep my meals around 300 - 350 =)