Low Calorie No-Bake Cheesecake??

Options
Is there such a thing? I heard that "cool whip" can be used as a low cal substitute topping but we don't get that over here in the UK :(
I have no idea what to use as base aswell as all the "low fat" biscuits are only about 5 calories less that the original. Would having a baked cheesecake be less cals? I need my cheesecake fix but i dont want to waste 400 of my precious calories!

Does anyone have any idea what ingredients to use?

Replies

• Toddrific
    Toddrific Posts: 1,114 Member
    Options
    The crust is the killer.

I assume you don't have Jell-O, because they have a pudding (blancmange) that is cheesecake flavored.
    Then just dump some crushed digestive biscuits in the bottom.

edit: alternative filling , fat free cream cheese+ whipped topping substitute?
  • frillypantz
    frillypantz Posts: 134
    Options
    I hate the UK.... we have nothing like that! :explode:
  • Toddrific
    Toddrific Posts: 1,114 Member
    Options
    Err

google says squirty cream...sounds gross.
    also, dream whip
  • farleys_fat_flamingo
    Options
    Hiya, I have a great recipe for no bake cheesecake it uses all bran or fibre one (put in the blender to make it crumbs) and sweetener for the crust with a little bit of low fat spread, then the cheesecake itself is 0% fat greek yoghurt, tofu, and gelatine... you can add whatever flavourings and sweeteners. I used cocoa powder and it was amazing, a whole cheesecake was less cals than one peice of normal cheesecake... not that you would eat a whole cheesecake :s but you get me. I will look it up when I get in and post it for you :)
  • frillypantz
    frillypantz Posts: 134
    Options
    Oh that sounds amazing! Thanks!
  • Tattoos_and_Tea
    Tattoos_and_Tea Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Try Quark, it can be found in the cheese section hun :)
  • paruls86
    paruls86 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Hiya, I have a great recipe for no bake cheesecake it uses all bran or fibre one (put in the blender to make it crumbs) and sweetener for the crust with a little bit of low fat spread, then the cheesecake itself is 0% fat greek yoghurt, tofu, and gelatine... you can add whatever flavourings and sweeteners. I used cocoa powder and it was amazing, a whole cheesecake was less cals than one peice of normal cheesecake... not that you would eat a whole cheesecake :s but you get me. I will look it up when I get in and post it for you :)
    m waiting for that too... love cheese cakes but have neither the patience nor calories to make/eat one...