need exercise ideas and inspiration!

Options
Hi Everyone

Please can anyone help?

I need to lose weight to help with an ankle injury I sustained last year (torn tibilas posterior tendon), ironically whilst doing aerobics to lose weight!

I've been told that any kind of jumping around is out of bounds, so aerobics might be a bit difficult. I've been trying to do some gentle walking which is painful but ok.

I really need some inspiration as I don't particularly enjoy exercise and am having trouble motivating myself! I quite enjoy swimming but work and family commitments mean that I can't get to the pool before about 8pm, by which time I'm usually too tired and it's all too easy to stay home and say I'll do it another day!

I've seen quite a bit of stuff on here about women lifting weights to lose weight and tone up. Does anyone have any suggestions for a short workout that included some weights and floor exercises that could be done at home that would take about 30 minutes or so? I'm about 260lbs, so pretty overweight and not very fit, so it would need to be suitable for lazy-*kitten* beginner like me!

Thanks!

Replies

• Toddrific
    Toddrific Posts: 1,114 Member
    Options
    Many of the weight lifting exercises involve the lower body, curious if your ankle can handle squats.
  • chestnutbrown
    Options
    Many of the weight lifting exercises involve the lower body, curious if your ankle can handle squats.

Not at the moment! Maybe I need to kick myself into getting to the pool - perhaps that's the only way at the moment!