my one year anniversary

Options
helenoftroy1
helenoftroy1 Posts: 638 Member
ok, so here it is guys, my one year comparison pics.

I have totally loved this past year, I have changed so much, not just in size but as a person! I am so much more confident, grounded and more together! I have changed careers, started a degree, climbed Snowdon and many more hills, swim, learnt to run/jog, and so much more that I can not even think about right now.

I love cooking, love trying new things and love how much healthier I feel. So thank you to this site for what I truly believe in saving my life and thank you especially to my wonderful MFP friends, you are life savers, comedians, and angels all wrapped up in one. You really should wake up feeling amazing every day because you truly are.

and one last thankyou (this is turning into an award speech!) to Emma and Rhian for that party one year ago where everything slotted into place.

So..... befores!

photo3.png
This is the party where I finally saw what I had become. 212lbs, just over 15 stone. Drinking.... a lot and eating out of control!
urghpicture.jpg
This one makes me really sad, because I actually thought I looked amazing dancing, but people must have been staring and laughing :cry:

photo4.png
the infamous *kitten* shot, when I saw this I really did not know this as me!

mfp9.jpg
This was at a festival, I was so tired and hated work, hated who I was becoming and felt really lethargic.

helen1.jpg
This was after the party of the fateful picture and felt I had already lost a load of weight and was very proud of myself. I had kept to this "diet" (that's what I was calling it) for a few weeks.

photo2.jpg
I had lost 10lbs by here I remember being so excited as I had seen 201lbs on the scale that morning!

Now for the afters, I have currently lost 48lbs, I went away the last couple of weeks so didn't weigh. I am giving myself a couple of days of drinking loads of water till I weigh!!! I have gone from obese to overweight. I have a chin!!! And a thumb indent! I wear dresses now and everyone I see is now saying wow you've lost loads of weight! So here we go. Hopefully you guys can tell and if I can thinspire someone out there then it's worth it, because as I said, it's tough to begin but it's not just about losing weight, it's about finding yourself again.

Afters
newbeforeafter.jpg

photo5-1.jpg
The top, it just looks too baggy now to see any thing, but it makes me feel better!!

photo3-1.jpg
Dress used to be so tight couldn't do up. Now it's way too loose to wear!

photo2-1.jpg
Size 14 clothes (UK)

photo1.jpg

photo7.jpg
yeah that's right, I'm wearing horizontal stripes!!!

mfp5.jpg

photo-1.jpg

photo5.jpg

bigchin.jpg

and finally let's just see that before and after together again!

mfp.jpg

So there we go that's my story, this had better all come out good now on this site! I hope the pictures turn out ok!
Good luck to everyone on their journey and remember as long as you have started logging, or started eating healthier or going faster than a walk... you're doing better than anyone still sitting on that couch!
:drinker: :flowerforyou:

Replies

• SuperScrabbleGirl
    SuperScrabbleGirl Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    :D ! You look incredible! The before and after is brilliant. Well done! We need another Manchester meet up!
  • MrsSWW
    MrsSWW Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    You have done so well, Helen, and it's been an honour to share your journey with you. The face shots are amazing! Love you :love: :love: :love:
  • Pidders89
    Pidders89 Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    WOW you have done so amazing!!! well done to you!!!

xxxx
  • smudger_24
    smudger_24 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    You have done so well, we are all really proud of you and you are a very good and supportive MFP friend too. We all have the 'dancing pics' where we thought at the time we looked the nuts so dont worry, atleast now when you are dancing really do look the nuts!!

Keep up your hard work, you are a star xxx
  • imustbegood
    imustbegood Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Fantastic hun - u have done so well...... go u x
  • BerryH
    BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
    Options
    You're a complete rock star and a daily inspiration. Go Helen! :flowerforyou:
  • karendsmith
    karendsmith Posts: 167
    Options
    WONDERFUL! YOU DID A FANTASTIC JOB AND LOOK AWESOME!!!!! Thank you so much for sharing and inspiring!!! You are AMAZING!!!!:happy:
  • Darlingir
    Darlingir Posts: 437
    Options
    thank you for posting this! you look awesome!! I'm proud of you and I don't even know you! LOL

19111718.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • traysam
    traysam Posts: 1
    Options
    Keep up the great work! I'm starting today on my umpteenth time trying to lose weight and keep it off. I always lose about 20lbs. and then fall off the wagon. I think I go all out at the beginning with exercise and then I get burned out. This time I am going to start slow and just let my body tell me when it is time to push further. Great job!
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    Oh Helen you've done soooo bloody well girl, a MASSIVE well done. It's been a journey that i've followed you on for nearly the whole year you've been on here, you're an amazing person....you've made me feel quite emotional!! :happy:
  • swt0pie
    swt0pie Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    wow you look amazing :)
  • Angelabec
    Angelabec Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    Brilliant Helen, thank you for sharing, here's to the next year! :happy:
  • sugabee82
    sugabee82 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    AWESOME JOB! You are definitely an inspiration! =)
  • xxxAimeeHxxx
    xxxAimeeHxxx Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Oh my god you have done AMAZING well!!!!!!!!!
    Def the motivation i need to get bacok on it after my holiday!!!!
  • angie_sample
    Options
    u look fabulous!!! :)
  • babbityboo
    babbityboo Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Yay go Helen!!!! You are amazing!!! Those pics are fab! I agree with Ros, definitely need another meet up! xx
  • giantruss
    giantruss Posts: 100
    Options
    So inspirational - well done!!
  • LadyElby
    LadyElby Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    You look incredible! Great job!! You're an inspiration to so many of us.
  • slimsteelerfan
    slimsteelerfan Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Wow! Go girl! You look amazing!
  • gooseafur
    gooseafur Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    Lots of hard work there!! You go girl!! You look absolutely stunning!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!