SO...Did you do it yet?!

Options
Dear friends-
Hello!
Just checking in on this rainy day in MN to see how everyone is.
I, for one, am HIGHLY unmotivated today, so I thought I'd check in for some inspiration and to see who else is with me, and who is kicking butt today!!!
An observation:
It seems like every time I give myself a "Cheat Day," it ends up feeling not like a little room for indulgence, but an excuse to blow it every time!!! I find I have less of an ability to keep my diet in check and more difficulty getting back to working out.
I guess it's the whole, "Give an inch, take a mile" adage.
I much prefer to workout even a little everyday and eat MOSTLY well with a little treat here and there.
I hope everyone is enjoying their day and working hard!!!
Much love,
-OB
P.S. Is anyone else finding that after a few months, the prospect of keeping up these life changes seems impossible?! It's almost like self-sabotage to find you can ACTUALLY do it, but still have that little voice that is telling you you can't keep it up forever. MFP is a FANTASTIC tool, but I do find I still have a lot of guilt about food, even if I stay under my calories for the day, which I usually do.
Any tips on how to keep it in check and not waste too much energy on thinking about food/planning meals?

Replies

• TheJackyl
    TheJackyl Posts: 88
    Options
    For me it's bargaining. I take a little then I have to give a little.

My favourite "bad" food is KFC. I love it and simply cannot 100% cut it out of my life. But now it's in moderation and not without a price.

Before really deciding to change my lifestyle there probably wasn't many weeks that I didn't pick up a 20 piece bucket and spent 2-3 days working my way through it. No more buckets for for me but I still indulge now and then. In fact I indulged today, but I only purchased 2 pieces (chicken only, no combo with fries and pop to realy put it over the top) and then I got myself into the gym after work and burned 800 calories.