Soup & Bread lunch club!

Options
FR89
FR89 Posts: 186 Member
As of today, I will try to have soup and bread at lunch time for the rest of the week!! Who's with me? Mini challenge to have healthier lunch. =)

Today I have had (or am still working through) Cupa Soup Golden Vegetables and half a baguette of brown seeded bread. Quite nice .. =) as the baguette was nice and warm and added little butter to it...

Replies

• charlottey22
    charlottey22 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    hiya!
    i too have recenlty been eating soup for lunch- not the bread however i have been using a packet of bakes crisps (they aren't too bad on the cals either) feel free to add if u wish x also i just read ur profile and i live in england too and have an office job where i just sit all day x
  • FR89
    Options
    ello ello!! =)

bread seemed like a nice option as i didnt have anything for breakfast .. well.. apart from Costa Mocha! lol! and i do love my bread.. *sigh* .. i have 445cals left for the day and hope I stick within my cal allowance for the day! (any low cal dinner ideas are welcome)

I just hope I can do this all week long rather then big meals in the canteen..

Office job defo makes it hard as sitting most of the time and less physical activity.. xx
  • DanielleSmilie28
    Options
    This sounds like a fab idea! Have you ever thought of trying Ryvita with your soup? I know it might sound gross but its actually quite nice :-)
    I live in england too, feel free to add for support etc.....xx
  • vipergts223
    vipergts223 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I usually do soup and a handful of pretzels for lunch. But I switched to salads for a few weeks, Started to get sick of soup.

I always jazzed up all canned soups with some salt-free spices
  • ClareB13
    ClareB13 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    If you like tomato soup this one is delicious and only 123 calories a bowl...freezes really well too so I've frozen it into individual portions for a quick and easy lunch :)

http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/2075/tomato-soup

I'm UK too so feel free to add me!
  • FR89
    Options
    i have heard about Ryvita .. good stuff lol but havent tried it yet - will get some on my next food shopping trip. :bigsmile: xx

Salads good too.. I guess next week can be salad week.. and the week after 1 day soup 1 day salad! haha .. But lets get through this week 1st.. 1 step at a time :smile:

I have not tried tomato soup - ever! not sure why :ohwell: but will defo give it a go.. low cals always helps! :happy:
  • DanielleSmilie28
    Options
    i have heard about Ryvita .. good stuff lol but havent tried it yet - will get some on my next food shopping trip. :bigsmile: xx

Salads good too.. I guess next week can be salad week.. and the week after 1 day soup 1 day salad! haha .. But lets get through this week 1st.. 1 step at a time :smile:

I have not tried tomato soup - ever! not sure why :ohwell: but will defo give it a go.. low cals always helps! :happy:

The cracked black pepper one is lovely! They also do a fruity one which is nice as a mid morning snack or even breakfast x
  • vidoardes
    vidoardes Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    My local shop has recently started stocking 10 different fresh soups, and I have become slightly addicted... nice to see I'm not the only one! Wild mushroom, or leek and potato are my favourites.

I use snack a jacks rice cakes to dip in mine, works surprisingly well!
  • FR89
    Options
    Lovely Jubley!! I shall try those flavours ( like the sound of fruity one as a snack) :tongue: xx
  • FR89
    Options
    I normally have Golden Vegetables or Leek and Potato(not fresh the cupa soup one because I am lazy :indifferent: ) - leek&potato defo is really filling!! :happy: