Too much protein

Options
2»

Replies

• Awkward30
    Awkward30 Posts: 1,927 Member
    Options
    where is the misconception of too much protein coming from?? what I'd be more concerned with is if you're only eating 1000-1100 calories a day -- that's a problem. No woman should eat less than 1200 -- if you're exercising you should be eating more. (men would obviously be higher than 1200).... 1200 is the minimum women need for normal body function and such.

There is such thing as too much protein. Normally, protein in the blood is not filtered out because it's such a large molecule. However, if a person consumes way to much, the kidneys struggle and try to do it anyways. Over time, this could damage your kidneys which would lead to even greater problems. But, that would have to be a very large amount of protein, so I'd say you're safe OP. As, everyone said, MFP is set way low. My boyfriend would say the only problem with excess protein is it's stored as fat, which I'm not sure if I believe. Your biggest concern is eating too few calories.

Hence why I said assuming normal kidney function. Somebody above said 0.8/kg and that is the national recommendation, however peer reviewed literature on the subject always uses 1g/pound as sufficient for dieters. The obvious difference being we are. Not giving our body enough food, thus putting it in a state where it wants to break down muscle.
  • Lesa_Sass
    Lesa_Sass Posts: 2,213 Member
    Options
    Okay dear, time to eat more. You need to eat way more calories. Replace the tofu noodles with whole wheat pasta, maybe add some canned chicken or tuna to that lettuce you eat for lunch.

I did not start losing that stubborn fat until I wrapped my head around the fact that eating more will make me weigh less. The proof is in my food diary and this picture right here.

Please get more nutrition, and then make a post about how great you feel and how much weight you have lost because of it.
  • Malinky
    Malinky Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Possibly a stupid question but I've tried searching and can't find where I can amend my macro percentage splits - I'd like to amend my protein/carb/fat ratio's, please can anyone help?

Thanks
  • jesss5885
    jesss5885 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I am eating all day long - i just eat a lot of vegetables so the calories are low.
    If i snack or have a glass of wine, I usually hit my 1200 calories.

I haven't been excercising, so I think my calorie intake is fine. Once I pickup my gym routine again, I will definitely be eating more.

thanks everyone for your insite!
  • jesss5885
    Options
    i will definitely try this! thanks!
  • jesss5885
    Options
    i have been feeling very full -
    those noodles are my favorite! i put them in everything - pasta dishes, soups, stir fry

don't knock the tofu noodles! =)
  • Lesa_Sass
    Lesa_Sass Posts: 2,213 Member
    Options
    i have been feeling very full -
    those noodles are my favorite! i put them in everything - pasta dishes, soups, stir fry

don't knock the tofu noodles! =)

I am not knocking the tofu noodles, trust me, I have some in my frig right now and ate them all the time until I wrapped my head around the fact that I need to eat more to actually burn the fat that I want off my body.

Seriously, try eating more and see how much faster you start losing weight.