Juicing Craze

Options
What are your thoughts on this? Do you think it is healthy? Do you think you can lose more weight doing this and keeping it off or would you rather do it the old fashioned way?

My sister has been doing it for 4 days and claims to have lost 15 pounds already....Guess she does not understand water weight.

Replies

• JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    I have a friend who was gung-ho with the juicing detox diet and was going to do it for 90 days. She lasted about three or four days before she started introducing food back and after about two weeks she was done with it.

I personally think it's rubbish. There is no reason to "detox" or "cleanse" your body. That's what your intestines, liver and kidneys are for. You're not going to get nearly enough fiber in your system, you'll more than likely be tired all the time and if you work out at an intense level the lack of calories and real food will compromise your exercise. Not only that but even if you do lose weight you'll probably gain half if not all of it back when you go back to real eating.

I personally prefer to get my food and calories in solid form, with the exception of my protein shake post-workout but that's for replenishing reasons.