Headache causing foods...

Options
I've cut out caffiene.... fizzy drinks.... crisps.... chocolate.... artificial sweeteners (all as much as humanly possible) and upped my water intake by LOADS, also making sure i get lots of sleep and not undereating, but I'm STILL getting headaches almost everyday (been suffering for years but recently they have become more frequent). Tablets work for about 3 hours but then it returns and now i've cut down on those drastically (as i heard if used to much they can make things worse) They arn't particuarly painful, but i feel like poo all day and my eyes start to hurt especially in the evenings and it makes exersise impossible as the thumping becomes too much and i'll start feeling sick and dizzy.

I've already been to the GP and he fobbed me off with expensive hayfever tablets which i did not need and did not work. I went back and tried to tell him they didnt work and i didnt have hayfever but he just prescribed me with a stronger dosage. Obviously having no idea what was wrong with me and not taking it seriously.

Is there anyhing else that could be causing these, which i can try to cut out of my diet, or infact start eating???

Replies

• scordrick
    scordrick Posts: 33
    Options
    Hi... I struggle with migraines so I understand your frustration in this area. Sometimes cutting out too much or going cold turkey can trigger headaches. Even adding foods into your diet you arent used to that have MSG in them can increase your risk. I would survey what you've introduced to your diet vs. what's been taken out and see if there are possibly too many changes too quickly. Great job on the water intake and rest - that does help.
  • rmhand
    rmhand Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    You mentioned that your eyes hurt. Do you have/need glasses? My BF found out he needed glasses and now he gets a headache when he doesn't wear them because he works so hard to try to see.

Or do you work on a computer all day? Looking at a computer screen makes to blink less often so it dries out your eyes.