cindylou

Options
just started dieting and exercising AGAIN but feel fairly motivated. Problem for me is red wine.

Replies

• cindylou
    Options
    just started dieting and exercising AGAIN but feel fairly motivated. Problem for me is red wine.
  • kbl327
    kbl327 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on joining. I just joined, and restarted, a few days ago. As for the wine, have you tried mixing it with selzer for a wine spritzer? I sometimes like those.

Good luck starting a new week!
  • cathygurley
    Options
    yep, my job involves alot of social activities with alcohol. i love my one or two glasses.....
    i also eat in restaurants alot and have been trying to 'estimate" calories etc. does anyone have any ideas on how to do this for restaurants not in a chain.
  • diamondD
    diamondD Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi Cathy, the best thing to do is ask for exactly what you want. If it has a special sauce, the calorie content will be close to or over 1,000. That is just the way it goes between sauce and portion size.

Just ask for the chicken baked or broiled with no butter or oil (they have Pam!). Also, ask for veggies on the side, steamed. DO NOT feel bad or too picky, you are paying them to give you what you want to eat.

I do alot of restaurant entertaining as well with clients, and this is the only way I was able to drop 25 pounds while still going out all the time.

Some of your choices are salmon, any fish, chicken, etc baked or broiled.

Good luck, and remember, BE PICKY!
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP, the best website ever!!! You will love this site if you don't already. I love this site. It is so motivational, supportive, helpful, easy to use, and everyone is so nice and friendly. I just wanted to wish you a lot of success on your weight loss journey. You can do this!!!!!!!!!!! :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou: