Gaining 2lbs in 3 days

Options
I weighed myself on Friday and I was so happy to see 166 on the scale. Today I weigh myself and am completely discouraged to see 168 pop up. I know that I didn't eat 7,000 calories over the last 3 days to contribute to a 2 lb weight gain. I am hoping it is just water retention. I started Level 2 of Jillian's six week six pack last week and I am sore as heck today. I did workout everyday last week. Anyone else ever have this happen to them?

Amy

Replies

• CrazyGraciegirl
    Options
    yes this happens to everyone. Your weight fluctuates, staying in about a 10lb range.
  • SKP1986
    SKP1986 Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    I find that when I gain mystery weight in a short time there is usually an underlying cause. Mine is usually linked to too much sodium/not enough water, so I boost my water intake and things work themselves out. I also weigh more for a few days after particularly hard workouts. I've heard this is due to water retention for the repairing of muscles. Things usually sort themselves out in a few days for me.
  • idziak04
    idziak04 Posts: 69
    Options
    Thanks for the responses. My question is, should I skip my workout tonight to give my muscles time to heal or just keep going along? It is weird because my pants feel so loose today. I would never have guessed that I gained weight! I guess the body does weird things.

Amy
  • vomma2
    vomma2 Posts: 13
    Options
    Same thing happened to me :( I thought it might be that I needed to change my settings, maybe the site was allowing too many calories? One thing I noticed (about myself) is that when I worked out and was credited some calories, I would allow myself to eat more, and I would rush to eat something that was unhealthy to reward myself. I don't know what the case is, but I'm not going to give up. I hope you won't either. Feel free to friend me if you'd like. We can cheer each other on.