Motherhood!!!!??!!!!

Options
Long story short..
I got married 1.5 years ago, I am gonna be 29 years old on 25th April.
My In laws, my parents, everyone is forcing me to have a baby soon .. but I am not ready for it... and will never be :(
My Husband and I had many discussions about it and we decided we plan one soon may be in a years time..

Problem: I am not ready, I can never be ready I always freak out when I think about it.. big belly.. so many problems, pain, morning sickness.. blah blah blah.. above all I do not know anything about Pregnancy.

Help: I want to make up my mind and want some good positive energy to be ready for it. Any book? any site? any good experience here? any kind of help would be great....

I love kids but I never want to go through the pregnancy... and also the fact that after pregnancy most of the women put on lots of weight and that loose tummy never goes back :( it is a big change in life how did you prepare yourself for it??

Please help me.. !

Replies

• Fit_Forever25
    Fit_Forever25 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    :huh:
  • jcpmoore
    jcpmoore Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    First honey, no one can force you to have a baby. If people are putting pressure on you to have a baby, kindly tell them to mind their own business. The decision of when or even if to have children is up to you and your husband. Don't make that decision based on your fear of pregnancy. Make it based on whether you want to raise children. That's what it's about.

What you know about pregnancy, well, most of it's probably inaccurate. Why do I say that? Because nothing that's been written in a book can truly give you the info you need. No two pregnancies are alike. I have had two babies. With each of my pregnancies I gained no more than 15 pounds. I was already overweight beforehand, so my ob said that was sufficient for he babies to be healthy. There's no reason pregnancy has to be a huge inconvenience or major event that screws up your health. Talk to your doctor about it and have them give you a more accurate picture. And remember, it's YOUR decision to have children. Not your in laws', not your parents', or anyone else's. Yours.
  • ladybg81
    ladybg81 Posts: 1,553 Member
    Options
    I had similar feelings though never worried about the weight, etc issues you seem to be concerned about. I just don't like kids. At all. But trust me when I say this, there is nothing that compares to the love/ connection you have with your own child. And you don't have to gain a bunch of weight. You can still eat right and exercise the whole time.

Sounds to me like you still a little maturing to do. Don't let anyone "force" you into having a baby. I can not imagine they will come to your house and force you and your husband to procreate by force. I think it is natual for people to start wondering when you will have children after you marry. My husband and I wanted 5 years before having our son. And I will not do it again. I had the most perfect pregnancy, labor, etc but I feel I've done my part for humanity.

Do it when you feel you are ready. But remember, you'll never be prepared financially, mentally, emotionally.
  • Fit_Forever25
    Options
    Thanks guys!
    its not that I dont want to have a baby but I am more scared because I am sure it will make me fat again.. and those 9 months
    I have always heard only bad things and only horrifying experience of pregnancy may be thats why I am more scared.

Got your point.. so its better to talk to a doctor rather than reading any books or anything..

I just want to make up my mind.. I think I am not ready to give up looks and the life I have now to have a baby :)
  • monipie
    monipie Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    i can't help you be ready, all i can do is share my experience. i wasn't "ready" when i was pregnant with my first but i wasn't going to terminate the pregnancy (personal beliefs) so i had to become ready. i was 19 when i had my son. it was very hard being a mother and i wish i had waited. that being said, i waited 11 years before deciding that i was finally ready to have more kids. if it is just the pregnancy that freaks you out- well, that is a piece of cake compared to all the other aspects about being a mom. lol! i popped 3 babies out and my tummy looks better than a lot of 20 somethings i see on the beach. pregnancy is not bad at all. some women even love being pregnant. i think women gain weight because they think being pregnant is an excuse to eat everything and anything just because they are "eating for two". i worked out throughout my pregnancies and i had a healthy diet. i only gained around 20-25 pounds and got back to my pre-pregnancy weight within a couple months. good luck with your decision hun. most importanly, don't let anyone pressure you into making the decision to have babies. tell them to back offf. if you are not ready then you are not ready. it is your decision. hth. :)
  • jnh17
    jnh17 Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    Don't let a fear of pregnancy keep you from experiencing motherhood. Of course everyone has *some* fear of what it will do to their bodies. I *had* amazing boobs before kids. Amazing. Now, they aren't terrible or anything...but amazing? No. Guess what? There's surgery to fix that. Stretch marks? Fixable.

Don't get out of control duing pregnancy and you're good to go.

I feared taking a baby (a BABY!) home and actually being able to keep it alive so if pregnancy is your biggest worry, you're doin' okay.
  • Fit_Forever25
    Options
    i can't help you be ready, all i can do is share my experience. i wasn't "ready" when i was pregnant with my first but i wasn't going to terminate the pregnancy (personal beliefs) so i had to become ready. i was 19 when i had my son. it was very hard being a mother and i wish i had waited. that being said, i waited 11 years before deciding that i was finally ready to have more kids. if it is just the pregnancy that freaks you out- well, that is a piece of cake compared to all the other aspects about being a mom. lol! i popped 3 babies out and my tummy looks better than a lot of 20 somethings i see on the beach. pregnancy is not bad at all. some women even love being pregnant. i think women gain weight because they think being pregnant is an excuse to eat everything and anything just because they are "eating for two". i worked out throughout my pregnancies and i had a healthy diet. i only gained around 20-25 pounds and got back to my pre-pregnancy weight within a couple months. good luck with your decision hun. most importanly, don't let anyone pressure you into making the decision to have babies. tell them to back offf. if you are not ready then you are not ready. it is your decision. hth. :)
    Thank you so much !
    that was really nice to read.. I am trying hard to tell people to back off :) but its impossible for parents and inlaws to not talk about it
    But thanks I have something positive now :)
  • Fit_Forever25
    Options
    Don't let a fear of pregnancy keep you from experiencing motherhood. Of course everyone has *some* fear of what it will do to their bodies. I *had* amazing boobs before kids. Amazing. Now, they aren't terrible or anything...but amazing? No. Guess what? There's surgery to fix that. Stretch marks? Fixable.

Don't get out of control duing pregnancy and you're good to go.

I feared taking a baby (a BABY!) home and actually being able to keep it alive so if pregnancy is your biggest worry, you're doin' okay.

Ah thanks so much!
    I thought its compulsory to eat all the crap and get fat when you are pregnant.
    I dont want to put on lots of weight .. and yes I am just scared of pregnancy otherwise I would love to experience motherhood!
    thanks a lot for your response!
  • kak1018
    kak1018 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Your story sounds like mine. I got married at 29 and the "when are you going to have a baby?" questions never let up. I wasn't sure I even wanted children. I was scared to let go of my freedom, body, and the life I had. 5 years later when I was ready my husband I decided to try for a family. It happened quickly and we welcomed our beautiful baby boy 7 weeks ago. I gained 25 lbs and already lost 20 of it. Don't do it to please anyone, make sure you are ready, and if you decided not to have children that is your choice. Hang in there! I know how stressful and hard all that talk and pressue can be, just make sure you are ready. 29 is young by the way don't let that scare you :)
  • Fit_Forever25
    Options
    Your story sounds like mine. I got married at 29 and the "when are you going to have a baby?" questions never let up. I wasn't sure I even wanted children. I was scared to let go of my freedom, body, and the life I had. 5 years later when I was ready my husband I decided to try for a family. It happened quickly and we welcomed our beautiful baby boy 7 weeks ago. I gained 25 lbs and already lost 20 of it. Don't do it to please anyone, make sure you are ready, and if you decided not to have children that is your choice. Hang in there! I know how stressful and hard all that talk and pressue can be, just make sure you are ready. 29 is young by the way don't let that scare you :)
    Really!!!!!
    29 is young!!!
    I am from originally from India and there its a RULE!!!
    If you have crossed 30 and you dont have kids that means you have some problem! :-((
    and People starts talking about you ..
    I know its terrible but even my family and in laws everyone says the same .. to have a baby before 30!
    is it true that after 30 it can be more difficult? or it depends upon person to person?
  • momof3and3
    momof3and3 Posts: 656 Member
    Options
    Pregnancy is different from person to person and from pregnancy to pregnancy...There is nothing to be scared of though, it is a beautiful experience. However, it is not for everyone, and only you can decide the when and if.

If you aren't ready or even sure you want to have a baby, than you are not ready. Tell family and friends that it is a personal decision of the when and if, and when you decided to have children they will be the first to know, until than you will not discuss it.

I have had 5 biological children...has my body changed since I was younger, absolutely! But I embrace it,because I look great and in 20 years from I will wish I had this body :)

If you are not sure of pregnancy but want a child, adopt. There are so many babies, toddlers, children and teens who are in the foster care system who need a loving supportive family.

Enjoy your life, don't stess about this...when you are ready you will know. Until than enjoy life child-free....
  • Fit_Forever25
    Options
    Ohh I always wished to Adopt a child! from the age when I was 15 :)
    But in my society thats a big no no :(( I hate this about my culture that there is no freedom and people are so orthodox..
    But yes thanks for your help I will try to susshh people and explain them thats its all up to my hubby and me when to have it!
    thanks xx..
  • qtiekiki
    qtiekiki Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    I think most women go into pregnancy not knowing anything about it. Some might think they know, you know things from people, but you never know how it will be like for you. I have 2 kids. I didn't have any morning sickness or food aversion. I gained 30lbs and 34lbs. And then you hear stories where people can't keep any foods down, and women who have to be on bedrest. You just never know. If weight is your main concern, it is something you can control. You just eat sensibly and make healthy choice, and you can totally lose the weight afterward.
  • Fit_Forever25
    Options
    I think most women go into pregnancy not knowing anything about it. Some might think they know, you know things from people, but you never know how it will be like for you. I have 2 kids. I didn't have any morning sickness or food aversion. I gained 30lbs and 34lbs. And then you hear stories where people can't keep any foods down, and women who have to be on bedrest. You just never know. If weight is your main concern, it is something you can control. You just eat sensibly and make healthy choice, and you can totally lose the weight afterward.
    Thank you so much! I think I have never seen that option ever in and around my family that we can opt for good and healthy choices (not always high in fat and high in cholesterol food) to have a healthy baby ..
    so that was a myth! thanks :)
  • SONIA820
    SONIA820 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Both my pregnancies were night and day! Both boys too! First I would not worry about pregnancy because just like weight loss journey, your pregnancy journey will be unique to YOU and only YOU. If and when you are ready, you can continue the healthy life style you already have, and exercise! Of course your body goes though a ton of changes, but in the end at least for me, I welcomed all those changes because I grew TWO people! Nothing is permanent (except I suppose death!) and honestly when it comes down to it, you can never be fully ready or prepared for life with a new baby, you just have to take it all one day at a time! :)

STOP listening to other people pressure you, this is between you and your husband ultimately! :)
  • HilaryP22
    HilaryP22 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    If you truly want a child, don't let the fear of pregnancy stop you from having a baby. Yeah, pregnancy is rough for some women. And for some women, it isn't. You don't know until you go through it! I was lucky and loved being pregnant, don't have excess skin now, and within 10 days of giving birth, had lost 30 pounds and weighed 10 pounds LESS than I did before I ever got pregnant in the first place. (thanks to breastfeeding). I don't have stretch marks, either. My labor was awful, but they do make drugs for that which usually help. ;) And you can absolutely watch your diet and weight while pregnant. Keep exercising to keep weight gain somewhat minimal, as well.
  • hailie08
    hailie08 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    A site that really helped me was babyfit.com

It's a lot like this site in a way. There are all sorts of forums and due date clubs so you have other moms going through the same things:)
  • countryrayne
    Options
    Long story short..
    I got married 1.5 years ago, I am gonna be 29 years old on 25th April.
    My In laws, my parents, everyone is forcing me to have a baby soon .. but I am not ready for it... and will never be :(
    My Husband and I had many discussions about it and we decided we plan one soon may be in a years time..

Problem: I am not ready, I can never be ready I always freak out when I think about it.. big belly.. so many problems, pain, morning sickness.. blah blah blah.. above all I do not know anything about Pregnancy.

Help: I want to make up my mind and want some good positive energy to be ready for it. Any book? any site? any good experience here? any kind of help would be great....

I love kids but I never want to go through the pregnancy... and also the fact that after pregnancy most of the women put on lots of weight and that loose tummy never goes back :( it is a big change in life how did you prepare yourself for it??

Please help me.. !

Don't try to get pregnant if you are not ready. My husband and I had the same thought as you. . . . if I quit taking the birthcontrol then it would probably take awhile and I would be pregos in a year or two. Well I was pregnant with in a month and a half but it was the best thing that ever happened to us!

If you truely want a child don't let pregnancy stop you. Being pregnant was a great experience for me. I don't know if it was the hormones or what but I was so happy. I too had no clue about pregnancy, heck I hadn't even held a baby before! It all comes naturally, mother nature takes care of that.

Don't let your fear of a loose tummy stop you. When you are 60 are you going to look back and be proud of a child or your rock hard abs?

Good luck with your decission!:smile:
  • jsjaclark
    jsjaclark Posts: 303
    Options
    Really!!!!!
    29 is young!!!
    I am from originally from India and there its a RULE!!!
    If you have crossed 30 and you dont have kids that means you have some problem! :-((
    and People starts talking about you ..
    I know its terrible but even my family and in laws everyone says the same .. to have a baby before 30!
    is it true that after 30 it can be more difficult? or it depends upon person to person?

It depends on the person and like others have said, every pregnancy is different. I had my two when I was 26 and 28. I got married at age 22 and the families started asking almost immediately. It got worse when my sister-in-law got pregnant. My MIL thinks that is why I got pregnant when I did, but my husband and I had always said that we would wait 4-5 years before starting a family. My brother and his wife just had their first child two years ago - he was 41 and she was 37 and they had been married over 15 years. If you aren't ready, then you shouldn't rush it.

I gained a total of about 25 pounds with each. I was working out all throughout both pregnancies (up until the day before I delivered). Only change in my workout routines were to do low impact and not to lay on my back (although I did still do the ab classes). Lost the weight within 4 weeks. That was 18 years ago and I weight about the same now.

If you keep eating healthy and continue your routine, there is no reason to worry about it. Pregnancy is easy compare to when they are teenagers.
  • BAMFMeredith
    BAMFMeredith Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys!
    its not that I dont want to have a baby but I am more scared because I am sure it will make me fat again.. and those 9 months
    I have always heard only bad things and only horrifying experience of pregnancy may be thats why I am more scared.

Got your point.. so its better to talk to a doctor rather than reading any books or anything..

I just want to make up my mind.. I think I am not ready to give up looks and the life I have now to have a baby :)

I haven't given up my looks or my life, and I have an awesome 5 year old to boot!

Just because we have kids doesn't mean we're doomed to be fat and boring :) I suggest talking to your doctor about ways to stay in shape during pregnancy, because it can be done. And I still have fun, make time for friends, and enjoy life. But if you're not ready, then don't do it. It's not fair to you or to the baby.