Debunking diet or exercise scams

Options
13»

Replies

• arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    Dave (how are ya today my friend?)

I feel they are useless because we do not know they are true. If you tell me you burned 200 calories jumping up and down, I would beleive you because what do you have to gain from telling me this.

As I stated before I have a personal friend who was hired as a before and after for a weight loss supp. He was in beautiful shape:love: when approached. He stopped working out for 1 month, gained 20 pounds, slouched and took befores. They already had the afters because he took them before he gained weight.

He said that when you are built up, and lean it is easy to gain and then remove it really quickly if all done within a few months. he was paid a few thousand dollars, and free product.

He then had me stand for before and afters........wish I had them now, and I 'lost' 15 pounds in 5 minutes.

I am good my friend...how are you?

so...using this logic then....when someone posts a recipe and says it tastes great or someone posts a method of running and says it worked for them....that is all useless because we dont know if it is true?

I disagree that all the thousands of posts here from people giving their testimonials about their experiences are usless...I have benefited from some of your tetimonials my friend

sure...some may be crap and some may be phoney....but I imagine most are true and thus have some benefit and thus are not "useless"

if someone paid me to give my testimonial that hard work and clean eating has improved my life...would it be useless because I am being paid to say it?

No no, I feel their testimonials are helpful BECAUSE they are not being paid for telling me so. They have nothing to gain from their advise.
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    if someone paid me to give my testimonial that hard work and clean eating has improved my life...would it be useless because I am being paid to say it?

No no, I feel their testimonials are helpful BECAUSE they are not being paid for telling me so. They have nothing to gain from their advise.
    [/quote]

Ok now I re-read... If I were being asked to pay you for your experience, then I would want proof that what you are saying is true. A bottle of Hydroxy Cut is what $40-$50?? The girl running through the water is being paid, HC is asking me for $50. I want more proof than a hot chick running in Ft Lauderdale surf, before I give them my hard earned money.

You know me, and I used a lot of the advise given on this site. Including no more cool whip.
  • eriny
    eriny Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    not changing the subject but
    banks where is awty and what happened to our soft " movie " ive been all day with my shirt unbuttoned waiting to ...
  • toots99
    toots99 Posts: 3,794 Member
    Options

I don't buy diet products but when I buy any product, I always go to a third party site (amazon, etc) and read the worst customer reviews as well. Then you can find out what people really think of a product. If you can deal with the worst that people say then it stands up to the test.

I do that same exact thing! :)
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    banks where is awty and what happened to our soft " movie " ive been all day with my shirt unbuttoned waiting to ...

Sorry E. I had to drive home. LOL
  • annaliza
    annaliza Posts: 809
    Options

LOL, what the heck does that mean?

shirt unbuttoned waiting to...????

Oh man, don't keep me in suspense!:bigsmile:

Banks, thanks so much for the info!! I really enjoyed reading your conversation and debate, too.
  • arewethereyet
    Options

Sorry E. I had to drive home. LOL

Lol...........you guys crack me up.....:drinker: :drinker: