Work out plan?

Options
Hi There!

I'm wondering how you come up with a workout routine at a gym without a trainer? I look at all the equipment and I'm not really sure where to start. At my last gym, I had a plan worked for me but the trainer at my new gym doesn't design workouts for you with the included training session. As much as I would love a trainer, I don't have the money for it at the moment.

So how do I come up with a plan? The equipment is different from my last gym, i thought about just using the same plan I already had.

I appreciate any suggestions. :-) TIA!

Replies

• bizco
    bizco Posts: 1,949 Member
    Options
    Buy a book on strength training/weight lifting (or check your local library). My favorite is "The New Rules of Lifting for Women."

Free workouts are available on countless websites. One of my favorites is bodybuilding.com. This site also has videos that show proper form for each exercise.
  • Flippiefloppies
    Options
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/jamie-easons-livefit-introduction.html

Jamie Eason 12 week live fit trainer.. on bodybuilding.com and it is free. My workout partner and I both started out with this program. It is amazing. It also includes all the suppliment and diet info.
  • MadIrish
    MadIrish Posts: 49
    Options
    Thanks for the info! Are they both for beginners? I'm just getting started.