Rasberry Ketones? Yay or Nay?

Options
Has anyone tried using Raspberry Ketones with a low cal diet and exercise? Have you had any results good or bad?
Looking for responses from people who have actually TRIED them and had a good or bad experience. Please dont respond if you havent tried them

Replies

• jg627
    jg627 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    Waste of money.
  • dg09
    dg09 Posts: 754
    Options
    Just cut calories and exercise. :)

Like the guy above me said, you're wasting your money.
  • scmcgee
    scmcgee Posts: 165
    Options
    Agree with the guys above. Just stick to a clean diet and regular excerise and you should be able to lose the weight.
  • Determined24
    Determined24 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I am currently using them but I need them for energy... since there is not side effects I am sticking with them I can't do anything with a lot of caffiene because of my heart issues...... They do give me energy to get through my day though as far as weight loss I don't think so I just workout like normal and eat clean that has been working for me....
  • hanna6774
    hanna6774 Posts: 225
    Options
    Sounds like one of the many quick fix, singing and dancing, all promising, miracles that we have all tried in the past.......and failed. Just eat food and exercise and save your money for a new outfit!
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    If you'd like to waste your money feel free to send it to me! :laugh:
  • AZKristi
    AZKristi Posts: 1,801 Member
    Options
    Your endocrine system is essentially the control center of your entire body. For many of us, our control center is a little out of control because we've spent years making poor nutritional choices and our endocrine systems have been constantly reacting to try and offset these poor choices. The answer isn't adding in another unknown that could easily cause additional endocrine imbalances. The answer is to start making more positive nutritional choices and putting more clean, whole foods in our mouths and less junk. Is this a struggle? For me it is a struggle every day, but over time I am improving.

The problem with supplements is that a person can make them, advertise them, sell them without ever having to demonstrate that they are safe OR that they work. They are completely unregulated. I know a lot of people love Dr. Oz, but if he was truly committed to fulfilling the responsibilities of his Hippocratic oath, he would spend more time with patients and less time shamelessly promoting himself and the things he sells. He's become a brand - he knows what to say and do to make money. That's why he gets along so well with Oprah, they are both fantastic business people. But do either of them really have YOUR best interest in mind? There is really no way to know.

I would save my money and focus on making better choices from day to day.
  • AZKristi
    AZKristi Posts: 1,801 Member
    Options
    I am currently using them but I need them for energy... since there is not side effects I am sticking with them I can't do anything with a lot of caffiene because of my heart issues...... They do give me energy to get through my day though as far as weight loss I don't think so I just workout like normal and eat clean that has been working for me....

You do understand that there cold easily be caffeine in these and they would not have to explicitly advertise that, right? Look for these caffeine containing ingredients:

Coffee, coffea, caffeine
    Cacao Cocoa, Theobroma cacao, chocolate
    Guarana, Paullina cupana, Brazilian cocoa
    Kola nut, cola seeds, Cola nitida
    Green tea, black tea, Camellia sinensis,
    Theo sinensis, Camellia sp.
    Yerba mate, mate, Ilex paraguariensis

If you are being supervised by a doctor for a medical condition it is imperative that they know about any over the counter drugs and nutritional supplements you are taking. This is just as important as knowing about other prescription drugs, perhaps even more important because your pharmacy can't check for interactions.
  • raw14
    raw14 Posts: 22
    Options
    I watch some fitness Youtube channels and all of them that have tried and compared results with and without say it is a waste of money. Only one said they might have lost an additional .5lbs when using them for 4weeks and definitley not worth the money they spent. ALl others said when they cut in the past doing the same things they had the same losses as when taking them. so no additional benifit and waste of money.
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    I recently read something that said you would have to take an entire bottle every day to get any sort of noticeable benefit from it. My vote is Nay.
  • Zumbagurl64
    Zumbagurl64 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I've been taking them for about a month now and can tell when I do forget to take them. They do help with kicking my metabolism up a knotch, as well as with the energy boost. I'm 47 years old and need all the help I can get! :-) I take 2 in the morning and 2 at lunch, that's enough for me.... The site I ordered them from, I got 3 bottles for the price of one, all together was under $19 so not a bad risk in trying. (doctorvitaminstore.com) good luck to you in whatever you decide!
  • ashreynolds09
    ashreynolds09 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Your endocrine system is essentially the control center of your entire body. For many of us, our control center is a little out of control because we've spent years making poor nutritional choices and our endocrine systems have been constantly reacting to try and offset these poor choices. The answer isn't adding in another unknown that could easily cause additional endocrine imbalances. The answer is to start making more positive nutritional choices and putting more clean, whole foods in our mouths and less junk. Is this a struggle? For me it is a struggle every day, but over time I am improving.

The problem with supplements is that a person can make them, advertise them, sell them without ever having to demonstrate that they are safe OR that they work. They are completely unregulated. I know a lot of people love Dr. Oz, but if he was truly committed to fulfilling the responsibilities of his Hippocratic oath, he would spend more time with patients and less time shamelessly promoting himself and the things he sells. He's become a brand - he knows what to say and do to make money. That's why he gets along so well with Oprah, they are both fantastic business people. But do either of them really have YOUR best interest in mind? There is really no way to know.

I would save my money and focus on making better choices from day to day.

I agree with everything you say! :)
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    Has anyone tried using Raspberry Ketones with a low cal diet and exercise? Have you had any results good or bad?

How would someone be able to determine if the raspberry ketones did anything with low cals and exercise confounding things?
  • PayneAS
    PayneAS Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    Although products containing this compound are marketed for weight loss, there is no clinical evidence for this effect in humans.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Raspberry_ketone

Not that Wikipedia is 100% accurate, but I would think that if there were scientific evidence, someone would have added it there to promote the product. /shrug
  • emccand
    emccand Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Looking for responses from people who have actually TRIED them and had a good or bad experience. Please dont respond if you havent tried them
  • cohollywood
    Options
    I just stared taking a product a few days ago with raspberry ketones in it - it does have green tea and African mango in it as well though. I'm not sure about the weight loss or energy aspect of it yet (woke up with a cold this morning, so energy is zilch anyway), however, I have noticed my appetite has definitely been suppressed. As a huge snacker, this benefit has been great for me so far.
  • jg627
    jg627 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    I watch some fitness Youtube channels and all of them that have tried and compared results with and without say it is a waste of money. Only one said they might have lost an additional .5lbs when using them for 4weeks and definitley not worth the money they spent. ALl others said when they cut in the past doing the same things they had the same losses as when taking them. so no additional benifit and waste of money.
    Was it the Hodge twins? I know they said the same thing.
  • cupboard_stalker
    cupboard_stalker Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I haven't tried them, or even heard of them before hence the curiosity, but i read somewhere very scientific that metabolism enhancing products can only really account for 3% of a person's daily calorie expenditure, which is very minute. I trusted the source, i am going on the assumption that raspberry ketones are metabolism boosters.
  • Determined24
    Options
    N
  • Determined24
    Options

You do understand that there cold easily be caffeine in these and they would not have to explicitly advertise that, right? Look for these caffeine containing ingredients:

Coffee, coffea, caffeine
    Cacao Cocoa, Theobroma cacao, chocolate
    Guarana, Paullina cupana, Brazilian cocoa
    Kola nut, cola seeds, Cola nitida
    Green tea, black tea, Camellia sinensis,
    Theo sinensis, Camellia sp.
    Yerba mate, mate, Ilex paraguariensis

If you are being supervised by a doctor for a medical condition it is imperative that they know about any over the counter drugs and nutritional supplements you are taking. This is just as important as knowing about other prescription drugs, perhaps even more important because your pharmacy can't check for interactions.

none of the above... Reported safe through FDA