Introduction

Options
My name is Ben. I'm 41. My story is this, I used to be fit. I used to cycle, run and lift on my lunch break. I got down to 178lbs with about 9-10% body fat. I started swimming in lieu of weight training and began to gain. I then took an new job which further disrupted my fitness. That was 5 years ago.

I continued to run, but little else. After completing my second marathon (January 2011), I weighed in at 206lbs and have hung there ever since. I fell out of the habit of daily running and have struggled to get back into it.

I am starting anew. Diet, exercise, the works. It seems weight training for me is essential, because when I stopped nothing else changed and the weight began creeping up. I need to make this a focus. So here I am.

Replies

• ben_running
    Options
    And I'm looking for support and encouragement. Seems to be plenty around here.
  • freebttfly
    Options
    feel free to add me as a friend!!
  • marcy_76
    marcy_76 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Hello ben.
    I picked up running a couple of years ago, but haven't done it on a consistent basis in quite a while. Welcome, by the way. I'm on day 3 of this. As for you getting back into running, it's hard to make things a habit again. I don't have a suggestion for that, but I'm sure someone on here will. There seems to be a lot of nice and helpful people here. Good for you for starting this journey.

darnoc