Plateaued or am I missing something? HELP!!

Options
I hear people say they get to a point where their weight loss slows down or they just stop losing weight for weeks.....well I never thought it would happen to me, especially after adding weights and working harder than I ever have.

I probably sound stupid. I've done my research and I'm probably getting irritated over nothing, but I'm coming to you for suggestions anyway.

I've lost almost 60 pounds since August 2011. I maintained through the holidays and then got back into it in January. All I ever really did was cardio and then I added a couple weight machines (without knowing what I was doing). Then I met my boyfriend who inspired me to start weight training and I love it. I can feel myself getting stronger. The only downside is that my weight fluctuates like crazy now! (I also haven't lost inches) I don't know if I'm getting the nutrition I need or if I'm doing too much or too little. I just need help. :(

I have a desk job. MFP told me that I should only be eating 1280 calories a day and sometimes I struggled to eat that much. Well I know I need way more protein with weight lifting so I got isopure and I've been taking in all the natural protein I can too.

Sometimes I do cardio (about 45 minutes) and burn about 1000 calories and then I go do an hour of weight training. Well I was only eating 1280calories a day. After reading some, I figured I wasn't eating enough. So I upped my calories to 1400 or so. If I'm only netting 400 (if that), I'm probably still not getting enough, am I? I just don't want to gain weight. I still want to lose 40lbs but I want to tone and gain muscle too. I don't want to be all flab after the next 40. I'm so frustrated. I just don't know what to do. I feel like it's impossible to eat all the calories I "need". I don't know what to do.

I cut down to 3 weight training sessions a week and 5 cardio sessions. I'm at the gym Mon-Fri. How can I not be losing anything? I'm doing something wrong right? I just can't see it......

Replies