New and Looking for Supportive Friends

Options
Hi,

I'm new to the site. It looks great. I will be 40 in June. My goal is to lose 30lbs. I love to run. I'm doing 5ks this season and hope to move up to 10k's soon. I want to learn to lift to help define and tone my arms, chest, back, abs and legs. I am a very happy and cheery person. I would love to have a supportive group of people to talk to.

Replies

• xALEXANDROx
    xALEXANDROx Posts: 3,416 Member
    Options
    request sent
  • joanie152
    joanie152 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I am totally with you!. Have 30lbs to lose and love to run. Registered for my first 8k (this weekend) - So would love to add you as a friend.
  • Tamitex
    Tamitex Posts: 11
    Options
    Thanks Alex!
  • Tamitex
    Tamitex Posts: 11
    Options
    Good luck Joanie! Let me know how you make out. I do 5ks and I am going to do a 10k this season.
  • apeluso1985
    Options
    add me as a friend! I am trying to start running, it is so hard!
  • leo4js
    leo4js Posts: 22
    Options
    HI IM GOING TO BE 40 NEXT MONTH IN MAY AND I HAVE 65 LBS TO LOSE! I NEED SUPPORT AND MOTIVATION AS WELL.
    LETS DO THIS!!!!! WE NEED TO LOOK GOOD AT 40!!!!
  • jpfost
    jpfost Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    You can add me if you like. Try to answer any questions you might have.
  • bmore9297
    Options
    Best of luck - make sure your friends hold you accountable as well as being supportive of you. I joined to get off the diet roller coaster. I have asked my friends to get on me if I am consistently going over my calorie goal or not logging exercise. In my experience you need both support and sometimes a swift kick in the backside.

Add me if you'd like.
  • Dekan75
    Dekan75 Posts: 1
    Options
    I'm new too and looking for supportive friends. I also want to lose about 30 lbs and I have been doing 6k or more for years.. but helps if you have the right diet to actually get any where with my weight..I want to be in my best physical shape by the time I'm 40! Best of luck to you! lol Pick me! Pick me!
  • Hello_kitty96
    Options
    Anyone can add me. :)