starting over w/ 60lbs to lose

Options
Today is the first day of the rest of my life! Heard that one before huh? I'm starting over with MyFitnesspal. I lost a considerable amount of weight last year and then met somebody and just quit logging 6 months ago. I've gained almost all the weight back. I quit working out and went right back to the unhealthy eating habits! I'm so disgusted w/ that behavior! Any advice?? Anyone want to friend me? I'm 45 years old with about 60 pounds to lose. The success stories are incredible! I feel sooo good when I'm on here. I just need the motivation to log in every day! Thanks for any comments you want to share!

Replies

• kristen49233
    kristen49233 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    Hi momma! I was almost in the same boat as you. We are the same age, and in February I made a commitment with myself to lose 64 lbs. I went on a fad diet almost 2 years ago and lost the weight, but within a matter of months I gained it all back once I quit that diet due to unhealthy eating habits. I'm now about 1/2 way to my goal. You can do this!

This website has helped me out tremendously! I do push myself to eat more healthy--although I don't deprive myself of anything I want. I just be sure to log the calories! And I've also pushed myself to exercise. I work out an average of 6 days per week--either doing Jazzercise or walking. I noticed you mentioned in another post that you hate to exercise. I felt the same way, but now I'm addicted! I actually hate the one day a week that I designate as a rest day---call me crazy! But it's all about starting a new way of thinking!

Good luck to you!
  • kacyemac
    kacyemac Posts: 1
    Options
    It's funny you started your entry with those words. I wrote the same thing in my journal three days ago. I had been going to WW for the last two years and was very successful, but somehow lost my motivation. The last few months I have fallen off not eating right, not exercising saying that tomorrow I would get back on track. Well three months and 20lbs later I signed onto MFP. So good luck on your journey. Hopefully the community and the accountability will help us both get back on track.
  • ksherma1
    ksherma1 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I also have over 60 lbs to lose if anyone needs a motivating poitive thinker add me!! :)
  • yerin32
    yerin32 Posts: 1
    Options
    I also am getting started again and wish you lots of luck. It is so hard to get motivated to start knowing I have to do it for the rest of my life, and it's also hard knowing SO MANY people that lose it and gain it back plus more. I also have about 60 pounds to lose and it's daunting.
  • Collidoscopekid
    Collidoscopekid Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I am trying to lose about 60 pounds as well!You can definitely do this!