Possible inches to lose in waist???

Options
Since I began eating better and exercising on February 1, I have lost 5 inches from my waist. (From 39" to 34") I am still 30-35 pounds heavier than I would like to be. It is very hard for me to fathom losing any more inches in my waist. I just don't see how it is going to be possible. I've given birth to nine children, so my abs are probably in pretty rough shape. Does anyone know what is the average waist size for a woman? (I don't want to say a woman my age, because I'm pretty sure I was at the average for my age! You know, that age where women gain in their waists. Ugh!) Is it even possible that I can lose more in my waist? I'd love to be able to wear pretty, feminine dresses and actually look nice in them. Thanks!

Replies

• Melanie_Robinson
    Melanie_Robinson Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    This is from Web MD :
    "To answer this question, let’s look at some facts. The average starlet is wearing a size 2 or 4 which is the sample size designers are making presently. Today, the average American woman is 5’4″, has a waist size of 34-35 inches and weighs between 140-150 lbs, with a dress size of 12-14. Fifty years ago, the average woman was 5’3-4″ with a waist size of approximately 24-25″, she weighed about 120 lbs and wore a size 8."

You could also use a BMI and and Hip to Waist Ration chart. It really depends on your build, but I would think anywhere from a 28-34 would be good.....I'd be over-the-moon to get that!

This will be a great post to keep up with.
  • farm_mamaX9
    Options
    Do you know where to find a hip to waist ratio chart? Is there a calculator that tells you what you should be? I am 5 ft 5 1/2 inches, semi-long torso.