Feeling very low...

Options
Hi,
A friend told me about this website, and I thought of giving it a try..

I have struggled with weight all my life, and now it has left me feeling like a failure :(

I am new here, and want to give it my full try...

I also hope to meet some people who feel like me..so that we can support each other!!

Replies

• Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    Welcome!

I'm sorry you feel so down. Just remember that you're only a failure when you quit. Don't give up! MFP is a wonderful tool.

Wander on over to the Success Stories to read up on people who started just like you and who changed their lives for the better. There's some great great stuff there.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/forums/show/15-success-stories

It's taken me a full two years to drop my 39 lbs, but it's been so worth it. Some of us lose slower than others, but just focus on making changes for the better every day and forgive yourself if you mess up. Not a single one of us is perfect. :smile:

:flowerforyou:
  • suttercm
    suttercm Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Well, we need you make you feel a little better about yourself! Dieting is hard, hard, hard! We have all been there, had our own failures, so you are definitely not alone. Give MFP a try, you have lots of support here.
  • LETTYRP05
    LETTYRP05 Posts: 36
    Options
    When I am stress all i wanna do is eat. I am trying and trying and trying my hardest and sometimes I feel like I will never drop this weight. But this site has given me hope
  • dinovino_59
    dinovino_59 Posts: 1,700
    Options
    Something new...something positive...you will not fail! Make this part of your life, use all of it's resources and most importantly, stay positive.
  • amy_letsgo
    amy_letsgo Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I've struggled with my weight for the last 15 years. I know how you are feeling. I just joing MFP a week ago and love it so far. I read the success and motivational posts everyday. It has kept me focused and motivated. It's a lifestyle change not a diet. And it's nice to know others are going through the same problems. Chin up and keep your glass half full.

Anyone........feel free to add me - I can use all the support I can get! :smile:
  • cheercoach11
    cheercoach11 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    We've all been in your shoes....that's why we are all here, and why I love this site. Every day is a challenge, and if one day is bad, write it off and make the next day a good one. Dont give up. YOU can do it. Feel free to add me!
    :flowerforyou:
  • ladyfingers39
    Options
    When I joined last month, I felt the same way. Depressed and defeated.

This place is great, it can really motivate you but you have to make the commitment to change. Good luck!
  • djrogers45
    djrogers45 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    You're not alone. We all get discouraged sometimes. You're not a failure by any means because you struggled with weight issues. try taking it one day, one workout, one meal and one pound at a time. Rome wasn't built in a day!
  • bethanyrmiles
    Options
    I am new as well - started 3 weeks ago at 269 and have lost 10.5 pounds already. Only 113.5 to go. :)

One thing that I like to remind myself of with dieting is that you don't have to deny yourself the "bad stuff" all the time. But if you splurge - do it in moderation. Have one cookie or piece of candy instead of the whole bag. And if you do that - log it and adjust the rest of your day for it.

I have a friend on here who even eats pizza and cheeseburgers. But again - it is in moderation! You want a cheeseburger - save it for dinner and have veggies and fruit the rest of the day. You will be amazed how much you can eat with exercise and still loose weight! I know I have been. Just remember if you deny yourself every little thing you are more likely to get frustrated and binge. Better to be bad in moderation than to binge and blow a day.

Good Luck!
  • plzlbsbegone
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! I felt the same way when I started. I felt like I had tried everything to lose weight, and nothing worked. Bottom line, the only thing that will get you through this is dedication. Be dedicated to doing this. Log everything you eat, and be honest with yourself. It's truly eye-opening to see how much you eat in a day. Then, make sure you make a list for grocery shopping. Don't stray from it. Stay out of the cookie, candy, chip and pop aisles at costs! My motto, "Don't buy anyhting you'll binge on, or regret later!" And also, if you are not active, change that! You'd be surprised how little it takes to start making you feel better! Start slow if you need to! Good luck! You CAN do this! Change doesn't happen on it's own, you have to make the effort!
  • makingchanges35
    Options
    Welcome! I'm sorry you feel so frustrated. Just keep in mind that we all have been there. This site has really helped me with keeping track of my calories and exercise. You'll get plenty of support from the members on the site. Just keep in mind that you can do this. It will be really hard and frustrating at times but totally possible. Good luck with you journey!
  • lastfinaltry123
    lastfinaltry123 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for ur kind words...

I had heard that this is a great place for support...but I am simply amazed at how many of you have already taken out time to guide, motivate and support me!

Thanks a lot everyone :)

p.s. - I am still trying to work my wau around this site, but plz accept my friend reuqest if you can. thanks again :flowerforyou:
  • Lightbulb1088
    Lightbulb1088 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    One of the hardest things for me was not to beat myself up when I ate something not healthy. Just let it go. and start new with the the next thing you eat. You have to becareful but like everyone says eat what you like and cheat in moderation. Do really little cheats.
    I also liked the comment about Rome wasn't build in a day. This is my second week and the first I lost 3 lbs for me that was amazing. I can't wait to see how this week goes.
    It is hard to lose but you are not alone.
    So far I've been under my calorie count every day. :happy:
  • hawk1jen
    hawk1jen Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP!!! I understand how you are feeling down BUT - this site is an excellent tool because we have all been in the same boat!! Use it daily, record your eating and exercise, most importantly make NEW FRIENDS!!!! We are all in this together!! You will find lots of great tips and support here!!

Best wishes!! :happy:
  • vbcoloma
    vbcoloma Posts: 2
    Options
    sadly the easy part is feeling low. The hard part is picking yourself up, dusting yourself off, and moving forward. I have done every diet/maladaptive thing when it came to food. restricriction/pills/overexercising---led to binging/purging, just binging, and an overall feeling of "I suck"

I lost 102 pounds when it finally dawned on me that the only one i was hurting was me. So what if my husband is in bad mood-thats his problem-and so long as I'm not conrtibuting to his mood, eating this whole sleeve of chips ahoy wont make his mood better--and only make me feel worse.

In other words, I am only reponsible for me-I need to be there for me, take care of me, for me.

If nothing changes, nothing changes.

Do something to shake things up-try something new! becoming a member here is a great first step!!

I wish you all the best in your journey!

-Veronica :-)
  • brandy2076
    brandy2076 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I agree with what everyone is saying - it won't happen overnight. You know how you are. So make it work for you. For instance, I know that if I want something and don't let myself have it (in moderation) then I will have a binge and put myself wayyy off track. So I indulge in moderation. This is a life change; not a diet! Feel free to add!
  • DeniseChilver
    DeniseChilver Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP

You will find some amazing people along they way who will help you along the way.

Feel free to add me I'm more than happy to help anyone if I can

Hugs
    Den
    x
  • ckeffer
    ckeffer Posts: 1
    Options
    my name is cindy. iwas here before but never got involved . So hi there
  • VeroBerry
    VeroBerry Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Aww I know how you feel. I've been there too but you are NOT a failure! Things happen, if you eat something you weren't supposed to, forgive yourself, then try again. You can do it!
  • Bluemmoon
    Bluemmoon Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi....I just recently joined again but this time I`m going to make it work..My story is simialr to yours ..I`ve struggled with weight for about 35 years and m oficially 61 today...It`s my birthday...It seems when I`m on a role it goes really good then I all off again....It does get frustating.Keep in touch....