stupid scale

Options
I jumped on the scale today because it was there, it's not my weigh in day until tomorrow. I usually weight early in the morning but I happened to walk by it today around noon and decided to see what it said because I thought I had been doing good all week. Then it said that I'm UP like 7 pounds. I just want to cry!!:sad: I've always hated scales and never really used them as a measure before now and I just hate it. But I didn't measure myself when I started so I don't know what else to do to keep track of my progress now. Do you think that the time of day can make that much of a difference? Also I usually weigh with just my workout clothes on and today I had on jeans and stuff, do you think that matters much? Please I just need a little encouragement. Thanks guys!

Replies

• throughHisstrength
    Options
    I jumped on the scale today because it was there, it's not my weigh in day until tomorrow. I usually weight early in the morning but I happened to walk by it today around noon and decided to see what it said because I thought I had been doing good all week. Then it said that I'm UP like 7 pounds. I just want to cry!!:sad: I've always hated scales and never really used them as a measure before now and I just hate it. But I didn't measure myself when I started so I don't know what else to do to keep track of my progress now. Do you think that the time of day can make that much of a difference? Also I usually weigh with just my workout clothes on and today I had on jeans and stuff, do you think that matters much? Please I just need a little encouragement. Thanks guys!
  • momathome
    Options
    don't pay any attention to the scale. Do your regular weigh in and go from there. Don't let it get you down. Start fresh. Do your weigh in and measurements and start from there (its not the weight that really matters it is the inches) Who knows tomorrow it might say you are down 7lbs. Don't give up
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    Yeah, your clothes weigh something. Jeans probably weigh at least a pound. Also, any food you eat during the day weighs something. Any water you drink. I once weighed myself five times in a day as an experiment and went up about six pounds by the end of the day. hormones can also make your weight fluctuate.

and start measuring yourself. I didn't measure at first either, so I carefully measured the inside of a pair of pants that had been too tight to get an estimate of my starting waist size.

I hate the scale.:devil:
  • throughHisstrength
    Options
    Thanks guys you're right. I'm going to measure tomorrow morning when I weigh and go from there. The scale is just evil that's all there is to it. I know that my clothes have been fitting much looser, so I guess that's what really matters. Tomorrow is a new day thank God for that!!:tongue:
  • jreeves1
    Options
    when I last weight in with my personal trainer I was 147. a couple weeks went by & I had gone up but then gone back down so my weight was the same. However, I still lost a half ince here & a quarter inch there so weight doesn't really matter! plus people are telling me I look thinner.
  • skinnydreams
    skinnydreams Posts: 1,178 Member
    Options
    I did the same thing earlier in the week....it completely deflated my mood and made me want to resort to emotional eating, I traded some good for for empty calories and felt gross..... But last night I worked out hard and the scale showed good results this morning. I have now decided that no matter how tempting it is to sneak a peek at the progress, WAIT UNTIL YOUR REGULAR WEIGH IN DAY AND TIME...chances are you'll see results! I wish you the best!