Raleigh, NC Area Fitness/Social Group Idea

Options
Hey everyone. My name is Laura. I am a 28 year old college student who is just trying to start my life over. I am looking to meet new positive people who seek the same goals in life as I do. I am looking to lose about 70 lbs maybe more or less since my goal is to become happy with who I am as a person and to be healthier. I am in school to get a degree and focus on "finding myself".

Now that you know a little about me I would like to share a little about my idea and see if there are any in the area interested in joining me on my journey. I would like to create a group which would be ran via this site and www.meetup.com more than likely in order to expand and have a good turnout of people involved. My goals for this group is to meet new positive people who share similar interest. The types of events I would like to post for the group range from physical workouts and social events. I would like to meetup probably 3-4 days a week then there is a variety of times and dates for everyone to join, since all of our schedules will vary.

The meetup events will consist of walks in local parks (those who would prefer run can, but I am not physically there yet), lunch/dinner events, bowling events, museums trips, charity events, and other fun ideas. All ideas and suggestions are also welcome from others.

The whole point of this event is to become healthier and have fun. My main goal isn't to lose weight, but to make life-long friends.

If you are interested and live in the Raleigh, Cary, Garner, Clayton, and Fuquay-Varina area of North Carolina let me know. Most events would be held in those general cities, so those who live outside the area but are willing to travel a small distance every once in a while would be welcome too.

Thanks for taking time to read my long post and I look forward to meeting you all :)

Replies

• rdubrad
    rdubrad Posts: 1
    Options
    I have started walking mornings at Lake Benson and would enjoy meeting others from the area.